Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I've been largely MIA the past few months. This semester of grad school is really kicking my butt. I ended up taking four classes PLUS working, and THAT ended up being a REALLY BAD IDEA ... at least in terms of maintaining my sanity. :bowl::doh::bowl:

BUT ... I'm done for the semester as of May 15... I'm starting to smell the sweet smell of temporary academic freedom! In the meantime, one of the things that kept me so busy was a semester-long multimedia reporting project with Guide Dogs of America. It was a great experience getting to learn all the ins and outs of guide dogs as I put together a 5-min news documentary, audio podcast, feature story, photo essay and 10 weekly blog posts. I'm especially proud of the video, because it was the first time I ever conceptualized, shot and edited something like that. (Aside from picking up some wind noise in one of the outdoor interviews, I'm really pleased with how it came out.)

The entire project is presented as a website, which I formally present to the class next Monday. In the meantime, I thought maybe some of you guys might enjoy it.

www.GDAProject.Weebly.com

Feel free to share with anyone who might be interested. Oh - if you visit the site, consider taking the quick, 1-question survey on the main page.

Comments/feedback/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephanie

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOVE this! I miss puppy raising for GDA. Such a great organization.
Thanks! I'm really wanting to do it, but definitely don't have the proper time right now with school. Maybe when I graduate next year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts