Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just showed up about a week and a half ago and I just thought it was some type of wart. Have you seen anything like this before?

photo (6).jpg

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
google canine viral papilloma...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
^^^^ what she said :) It'll fall off eventually. Both Jack and Chloe had it, I wouldn't be surprised if Kira gets it too. The only ones that won't fall off (from experience with Chloe) are the papillomas on the abdomen. Those need to be surgically removed. Those were still papillomas but wouldn't have fallen off on their own.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks LibertyMe, just looked it up. Seems it will just go away on its own. Question; MAY have to call a kennel (very short notice) as son was going to watch my dogs while we go to FL in 2.5 weeks, is this considerer contagious and a kennel may not allow them to go there. I read it could be?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^ what she said :) It'll fall off eventually. Both Jack and Chloe had it, I wouldn't be surprised if Kira gets it too. The only ones that won't fall off (from experience with Chloe) are the papillomas on the abdomen. Those need to be surgically removed. Those were still papillomas but wouldn't have fallen off on their own.
Thanks, glad to know it will take care of it self....she looks like the cutest goofball with this wart hangning on her lip :D

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Dont bring a dog with papilloma to a kennel to board (or for daycare)....they are contagious to other dogs. They wont be happy and good boarding kennels can be hard to come by!
Does your son have dogs?

Reactions: mygoldenboys

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont bring a dog with papilloma to a kennel to board (or for daycare)....they are contagious to other dogs. They wont be happy and good boarding kennels can be hard to come by!
Does your son have dogs?
No he doesn't have any dogs, but his employment status has changed. I know plenty of dogs are home alone while there owners work but I'm always home. Crap! It would be a shock to them for me to go away and them crated all day...my son is very good to them but 7-8 hours by themselves would not be best for them, but also probably not the worst either.

Thanks for your input :)

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Can you start getting them accustomed to longer periods ofbeing crated now...even with you home....

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Looks like a viral papilloma....

Reactions: mygoldenboys

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Merlin had the same thing earlier this year. I took him to the vet expecting him to tell me it was papilloma, but he said it wasn't and took it off. I still think it was, but I'm not a vet! Looked exactly like your pic.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She has an appt. at 11 today. I'm sure it's viral papilloma...Lola picks up everything and my Sam never seems to get anything :crossfing

I will have to get her used to being crated more. I did just start putting them both in the crate together at night when I go to bed because Sam will sleep for awhile down stairs them tromp upstairs to check on me. And this pattern (However very sweet of him!!!) of up and down the hardwood stairs all night can keep a few of us up at night.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Mygoldenboys

MYGOLDENBOYS

Let us know what vet says.
How long will you be gone?

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
Tesia had one of those on her lower lip a few months ago. I posted a picture here. Vet said it was a skin tag. It fell off after about 6 months. She has another smaller one on her top lip now. I'm assuming it's the same thing, and will fall off again.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do! We will be gone for 7 nights, visiting Disney with 2, 6 year old little girls. We have reservations at the Bippidy Boppidy boutique, excited to see there transformation into a princess !!!

MYGOLDENBOYS

Let us know what vet says.
How long will you be gone?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Your son

If your son ;s trustworthy with the dogs he is probably the best option.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now I'm curious as to how she could have contacted this virus. She has been around my sons (fathers) dogs but that was after the wart showed up and Then there was Christmas day. Can a dog be a carrier and not show any signs??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts