Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I am considering buying a hydraulic table and have been doing some shopping...

My first choice is this one from Groomer's choice:
I like the above one because it is made in the USA, I've read good reviews, and you can get replacement parts. Plus it is the only one I have found that has a swing arm available as shown below.

There are a lot of hydraulic tables available on Amazon, but they appear to be all imported and mostly bad reviews, bad or zero customer support, no replacement parts, and no swing arms. But they are a lot cheaper.

This would probably be the last table I ever buy so getting a imported knock off probably doesn't make sense. I am wonder if anybody has the Groomer's Best table and/or other manufactures and if you have any thoughts on any of them.

Thanks!

·
Puddles
3,403 Posts
Most of the time hydraulics and not needed unless you have a ton of dogs at different sizes. Once you find the height you like it pretty much stays at one height. But then I don't have the budget for one anyway. Spending the extra to get a tub with stairs or ramp and surround might have been nice but that too was out of my budget :)

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most of the time hydraulics and not needed unless you have a ton of dogs at different sizes. Once you find the height you like it pretty much stays at one height. But then I don't have the budget for one anyway.
I know. Having one would/will be a luxury. A friend that I have taken several Golden grooming lessons from, and grooms tons of show goldens, has hydraulic tables. It's nice to be able to adjust the table as you are grooming to put the dog at the perfect height for the area you are working. My back would appreciate the convenience too. :) I have 3 Goldens I do now and if Sandy cooperates, we'll have a 4th in the next few months. Oops. Did I just say that?! :D

Spending the extra to get a tub with stairs or ramp and surround might have been nice but that too was out of my budget :)
Have you seen those green Booster Baths? They are (relatively) on the cheaper side. I think about $130. We bought one about 10 or so years ago at Costco when Barkley (RIP) was a puppy. Still in good shape. My only real complaint is the tub is kinda low and my back gives out pretty quickly bending over - it's kind of a weird angel for my back.

Anyway, thanks Puddles for the feedback.

·
Puddles
3,403 Posts
I know. Having one would/will be a luxury. A friend that I have taken several Golden grooming lessons from, and grooms tons of show goldens, has hydraulic tables. It's nice to be able to adjust the table as you are grooming to put the dog at the perfect height for the area you are working. My back would appreciate the convenience too. :) I have 3 Goldens I do now and if Sandy cooperates, we'll have a 4th in the next few months. Oops. Did I just say that?! :D

Have you seen those green Booster Baths? They are (relatively) on the cheaper side. I think about $130. We bought one about 10 or so years ago at Costco when Barkley (RIP) was a puppy. Still in good shape. My only real complaint is the tub is kinda low and my back gives out pretty quickly bending over - it's kind of a weird angel for my back.

Anyway, thanks Puddles for the feedback.
LOL enjoy whatever you decide on! I have and will be getting one of the booster baths for the nice warm TX summer days. My girls just jump right in. My current situation is a grooming room inside the house so purchased a good size utility tub @ HomeDepot that was under $200. as it was winter time when I moved in. But currently working on a design to frame out a slightly raised shower/bath area and will tile this and the wall (surround) area. I already have the plumbing part done. This way the dogs can hop in and out and make my back happy. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts