Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering when you all started clipping your puppies nails? Jake is about 12 weeks now and his nails have grown a bit since i brought him home. I dont want them to get too long lol. I also dont want to scare him by clipping them. He hates baths and brushing and all that stuff enough already.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I guess i should start then to get him used to it too.I'll have to get someone to hold him while i do it. I know its not going to be fun lol - Little land shark he is :D

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
You could try what we do.

We have a table that we don't use for eating, but if you only have one for eating you can throw a blanket over it.

Get a Kong or anything that you can fill with peanut butter. Freeze it overnight. (Lasts longer)

Then, while your pup (or dog) is sitting on the table, have one person hold the Kong level with his head... he SHOULD be very interested in licking it clean, hopefully giving the other person ample opportunity to trim his nails/brush him/trim his paw fur. It works for us. =D

Good luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.