·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

Dog Carnivore Fawn Dog breed Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Mammal Wood

Dog Dog supply Carnivore Pet supply Collar

Archie went to a new groomer yesterday and I said no haircut, just tidy up around his feet and hind end. I think they did cut his hair everywhere but his hind end! He looks super thin and from the back it looks like he’s wearing poofy, floofy pants. When he did his business this morning it wasn’t very tidy back there. Should I take him back and have them trim down the “pants” to match the rest of his body and keep the hind end cleaner? He is 11 months and has gone to our groomer in CA 3x, but never for a full body haircut. Perhaps this is the style here in MA!!??
Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: CCoopz and DeniseNC

·
Registered
591 Posts
I do not see where his hair looks trimmed. Looks like they just did a bath and brush out. Yes you could have his bum trimmed up to make it neater. A common term for a pet golden trim is an outline trim. That is where they trim up the the legs, belly, bum, and tail. I would also have the ears trimmed up too to keep them neat. Nothing on the body should be touched.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Poofy floofy pants 🤣

Does look like they didn’t actually trim his trousers. They’ve left him with wings sticking out from the side view!
I know when Teddy needs a coat trim when haunches/thigh get too long.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not see where his hair looks trimmed. Looks like they just did a bath and brush out. Yes you could have his bum trimmed up to make it neater. A common term for a pet golden trim is an outline trim. That is where they trim up the the legs, belly, bum, and tail. I would also have the ears trimmed up too to keep them neat. Nothing on the body should be touched.
Thank you for responding. He had so much hair and was shedding in handfuls that seeing his slim, trim body made me think they cut it. I will take him back and have them trim down the “pants”! Also thanks for the terminology…I will remember “outline trim”.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poofy floofy pants 🤣

Does look like they didn’t actually trim his trousers. They’ve left him with wings sticking out from the side view!
I know when Teddy needs a coat trim when haunches/thigh get too long.
Don’t tell Archie, but I giggle every time I see him from behind. Not sure how old you are, but he looks like he’s wearing floofy parachute pants from the 80’s! 😂😂😂

·
Registered
685 Posts
Don’t tell Archie, but I giggle every time I see him from behind. Not sure how old you are, but he looks like he’s wearing floofy parachute pants from the 80’s! 😂😂😂
🤣 argh bless him, they give us the sweetest confused looks as we laugh.
I’m in my late 30’s but I remember the AC hammer parachute pants and in Europe’s they are kinda still a thing in summer months. In my skinny youth I was partial to wearing a pair in Spain or Greece. We call them Harem pants, from the Arab influence.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
When my female sheds her undercoat it makes her "pants" look extra floofy. It often surprises me because it seems to happen overnight. I'm guessing they just did a thorough blow-out and got that undercoat out for you. I bet once his coat fills in again, the pants will look normal!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When my female sheds her undercoat it makes her "pants" look extra floofy. It often surprises me because it seems to happen overnight. I'm guessing they just did a thorough blow-out and got that undercoat out for you. I bet once his coat fills in again, the pants will look normal!
That could very well be the case, as I was shocked at how trim he was when I picked him up. He had sooooo much undercoat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts