Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy is almost a year and a half and his major feathering has not come in yet. I can’t give him supplements or anything like that because he has allergies, but I want to make sure I’m using good products for grooming to keep his coat really healthy! 1578935545425.jpeg

·
Registered
450 Posts
I highly recommend Trophy Line Manely Long Hair products. I am a professional groomer and have used tons of different things, but nothing is as good as this! When I found it I switched my grooming products and it is all I use now. I have seen it do wonders on a dog with bad coat from allergies, including improving the skin so much you really couldn’t tell he had issues. Though, I’m guessing allergies would be a case by case thing. Manely does sell a small trial/gift pack of their shampoo, conditioner and detangler so you can try it out to see how your dog reacts to it. I use all three of those products on all my grooming dogs. Start by bathing with the shampoo, rinse thoroughly; then do the conditioner and rinse; then towel dry, then rub the detangler through the whole coat (a little goes a long way) and blow dry. It keeps skin and coat healthy, well moisturized, tangle free longer, and cleaner longer. You can order it on the website as it is a small business and not commonly sold in stores.
I should add that I originally bought it to try on my horse who had rubbed out her gorgeous long mane. She had very dry brittle mane that broke easily. Manely grew her hair back and changed it to a good healthy strong mane. So then I tried it on my dog and loved it and started trying it on grooming dogs and then made the switch to only using these products!

·
Registered
450 Posts
^ Based on the above I'm thinking about using Manely on my own hair. (I've had major anemia problems and that took it's toll on my poor hair). :)
I use it on my hair! The detangler is a game changer! My hair is super thick and mats just because you look at it (especially in the humidity of summer)! The detangler makes that mess come out with very little fuss! But I also just like the feel of my hair using this stuff. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I highly recommend Trophy Line Manely Long Hair products. I am a professional groomer and have used tons of different things, but nothing is as good as this! When I found it I switched my grooming products and it is all I use now. I have seen it do wonders on a dog with bad coat from allergies, including improving the skin so much you really couldn’t tell he had issues. Though, I’m guessing allergies would be a case by case thing. Manely does sell a small trial/gift pack of their shampoo, conditioner and detangler so you can try it out to see how your dog reacts to it. I use all three of those products on all my grooming dogs. Start by bathing with the shampoo, rinse thoroughly; then do the conditioner and rinse; then towel dry, then rub the detangler through the whole coat (a little goes a long way) and blow dry. It keeps skin and coat healthy, well moisturized, tangle free longer, and cleaner longer. You can order it on the website as it is a small business and not commonly sold in stores.
I should add that I originally bought it to try on my horse who had rubbed out her gorgeous long mane. She had very dry brittle mane that broke easily. Manely grew her hair back and changed it to a good healthy strong mane. So then I tried it on my dog and loved it and started trying it on grooming dogs and then made the switch to only using these products!
Thank you so much for reply!! I will definitely be trying this out!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts