Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - I know the last thread about GRM was closed but I can't sit back and keep quiet any longer! I am the mother of the terminal little girl who requested a service dog. I feel like I need to start an "AA" meeting for those of us who've been burned by GR. I can tell you I felt the same way Matt did about GRM when I first met her. She does come across very honest and trust-worthy but the truth always comes out! It would take 2 years to tell you our whole story and so to make things short, I'll just tell you, we have nothing to show for the last 9 months.

We did meet "our" service dog before giving any money to GRM and were impressed by what we saw. The deal was to present the dog to our daughter on her birthday. GRM and I talked back and forth and we were told she was getting spayed, etc. A few weeks went by and we still hadn't received our dog. I chalked it up to her moving and being busy. Finally, GRM called to say she was bringing the dog out! We were SO excited! GRM asked to meet me at our bank (HUGE sign right there) so she could be sure the funds were good. She cashed the check and off to our house we went. I still had no real reason to doubt her. Well, it turns out the dog she brought us was a different dog!!! She failed to mention that to us!!! The dog she tried to give us sat in the corner and would NOT come out. When I asked where "our" dog was, I was told she was "trying another placement out." WHAT?!?!? Well, "our" dog ended up going to the charity that "helped" raise the funds for our daughter....AFTER our story was posted on their website. It's been nothing but craziness since then.

I am curious as to the name of your dog Matt. GR did bring out a dog for us (2 to be honest but that's another story) and told us she was 5. We found out she was 8 via K9data.com! An 8 year-old dog would not in any way be good for a child who's getting weaker so again, we told GRM` that we needed a dog that could honestly help and not just for a few years! I find it really irritating that your family ended up with a 3 year-old dog and our daughter was given an 8 year-old. If our family has been working with GRMsince last summer, why'd the younger dog not get brough out to us????

Anyway - here we sit, the money has been given to GRM, and no, we don't have a dog. The best thing is, I put my whole heart into GRM. I cried to her about my little girl, I told her how blessed I was to have met her, yada, yada, yada.....and still we have nothing. I didn't even know about this site until GRM herself told me about it. That's when I started to investigate and even still, at first didn't believe all the stories....now it all makes sense. Even now, at times I feel sorry for her. Why, I don't know as the messes are made by her. Honesty wil,l and does go along way.......

Sooo as I end my drama, we're still looking for a service dog. We really would like a dog who is certified to go into the hospital with our daughter when she's sick. Whether that's an all-out service dog or just a therapy dog, we don't really care at this point. If anyone can help, please let us know.....oohh, and since our family & friends donated to the charity already, we have no money to offer. :(

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Im sorry that GRM caused you all this heartache and pain. I truly believe in the end this woman will get what she deserves. I wish there were laws that could put a end to all this not only for the people out there but also for the poor animals that are in her hands.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm not real up on the GRM stuff but needed to acknowledge how awful it was, not only to scam you in your situation, but to hurt your little girl like that:mad:. I can only imagine her sadness.:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I posted this in the wrong place but I didn't know what I was doing....I feel like a total idiot for putting it under the technical help section...

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Im sure one of the mods will move it to the right place.

·
16,000 Posts
Thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry for what you have endured. As a mother, I can only begin to image how difficult this is for your daughter, in addition to her other challenges. It is beyond cruel.

·
Administrator
16,462 Posts
I am sorry for how you were treated. However we unfortunately are going to close this thread as well. The GRM controversy we feel has been covered here on this board at great length and would like to end the discussion of it on all sides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.