Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had experiences with Griswold's Goldens in Medford Maine. I have heard good things from a colleague who's daughter and friend have purchased from them and said great things about their location but was wondering if anyone had further feedback.

Thank you

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Your best bet- if you do not want to ask the breeder for the sire x dam registered names- is to ask your acquaintance for the registered names of their own pup's sire and dam, and then post those so we can get a feel for whether they do even minimal clearances.

Reactions: LJack

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Honestly, unless your friend is active in the breed doing things like obiedance, hunting or showing, take their recommendations with a little bit of caution. Often our friends love their personal dog or they liked how quickly, easily or inexpensive a dog was to purchase. So, unless their recommendation can be backed with the import stuff like what if any health certifications a breeder is doing to try to improve you chances for a health long lived dog, tread with caution.

I second Prisms suggestion to get the potential puppy parents registration names or numbers so someone here can give an impartial double check on the health stuff.

If you would like to learn more about the health stuff here is an 11 minute tutorial video.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Ok, found the correct one this time. I did see where the sire and Dams were being bred before age of 2. No clearances done on the parents.
Breeding the Dams that early is enough to make me walk away.
In October of 2019 "Lulu" was almost 3 but further down had had her first litter in May of 2018.
F
Sire was pictured and was mentioned his age of 15 months at the time he was being used for breeding

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, found the correct one this time. I did see where the sire and Dams were being bred before age of 2. No clearances done on the parents.
Breeding the Dams that early is enough to make me walk away.
In October of 2019 "Lulu" was almost 3 but further down had had her first litter in May of 2018.
F
Sire was pictured and was mentioned his age of 15 months at the time he was being used for breeding
Could you send the links for that information?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts