Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have had Griffey for nearly 3 months now, and what a great 3 months it has been. Now that he is over his heartworm treatment and has been neutered, he has been cleared to begin being active again. We have had him out on walks, and been throwing him balls to chase in the yard, but yesterday was a very special treat! My wife discovered that we have a local dog park that just opened up. My oldest son and I took Griffey to the park and did he have a blast. He greeted every human there (very calmly, not hyper at all). He loved seeing all the other dogs, and loved exploring every corner of the park. We stayed for 35 minutes or so, and by then he was starting to get tired. My son and I took him for a quick ice cream treat and some water, then back home for a nice long nap. What a great way to spend a weekend day, next time I will be sure to take a camera along to get some pictures.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I am glad your boy enjoyed first time dog's park visit. Be sure next time you have your camera with you so we can see some pictures.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
So glad Griffey's heartworm treatment is over. Now the fun in life can begin!! That's great that you found a local park and had a good time!!:)

·
We love 'em all
10 Posts
Beautiful Goldens - half brother and sister born a few days apart.

Duncan and Bella both came from Double B Goldens in Kersey, CO. My friend owns Duncan and we have Bella. Same dad, different moms born 4 days apart in early April.
I've read talk about the breeder on this site and our experience has also not been very good. It's hard to tell where the problem stems from. I can't say one way or the other but Duncan is having some serious troubles.
From what I've read and seen I would probably go in a different direction if I were to ever look at another purebred Golden.
Golden Retriever Freedom Rescue also does good work with Goldens if you're looking to reach out.

Attachments

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
k9luvr, I don't know what issues you have with your dog, on the photos both of them are very beautiful. It is good we have this forum so we can learn a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts