Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my treasure Argon 2 weeks ago today, 3/6/19. I still feel such sadness. He was 12.5, and my husband’s dog, who died when Argon was a puppy. This dog has been my rock, so much more than a dog, taking care of me for so many years. I keep thinking he will appear, with his infectious smile, and come next to me, or ask to go outside, and as you all know, this now is not a reality. Argon’s passing brings up grief again of loosing my husband, his dog. I am a very strong person, but this situation is very difficult. My heart is gone. :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
It is incredibly hard to let go and face the loss of a close companion like Argon and for you the double loss of a connection to your husband. They are such a close and loving presence when they are with us. Let yourself grieve for as long as it takes but also try to keep moving on by staying busy. You will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
I'm so sorry you are feeling sad, it's incredibly hard when our precious pups pass on. I lost my boy four years ago this September, it took me a long time to accept he was gone, it was like a story book journey throughout the fifteen years he was with me, so many things happening and he got me through some very difficult times. My heart goes out to you, the special connection your husband had with Argon makes it even harder to move on. You will smile again I promise, it's just different, there's no time limit, we all go through the grief process handling it the best we can, that's what makes us human. Keep posting here if it helps, share photos, maybe special stories of your years together, I hope you start to feel a little better with each new day, sending you a hug.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Such a beautiful picture of your Argon. Grief is so hard and everyone experiences it differently. Have you considered attending a Grief support group maybe at a local church or other organization? This is obviously not just about the loss of your beautiful Argon but the loss of your husband too. Be kind and gentle to yourself and allow yourself to grieve. Keeping you in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of Argon...as someone else wrote he has been reunited with you husband and i bet they're looking in on throughout the day/night. keep those wonderful memories close..they will help you through this.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You Argon was a beautiful looking Golden boy. His face shows how happy he was living the great life you shared with him. You can rest assured he loved madly, his way of saying "thanks". The wonderful memories he left you with will be with you forever. No one can ever take that from you. I hope time brings you some solace soon, be gentle on yourself.

Godspeed to Argon

dlm ny country

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you both for your kind words. I hope Argon and my husband are playing frisbee again! I miss them both tons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts