Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody would be interested in another weight loss challenge or even just a friendly group to work together. I did so well when we were doing our challenge and I've totally fallen off the wagon. I've gained back a few pounds and I need to get motivated again. Any takers??

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I won't join the challenge, but I'll be happy to cheer you on. I've been stuck on my weight loss for several months - but at least I haven't gained. I watch what I eat, but haven't been willing to do a diet per se because I can never sustain the weight loss when I do. I'm still doing the C25K (finished week 7) and lost a pound or two, but don't really expect to lose much more unless I increase the running from 3 days to 5 or 6.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I'll do it...

What's involved...do we just post our progress here on this thread and share ideas about what's working or not working? I definitely need a group to help me. It's so difficult to do it without "company". :eek:

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before, we had a Google Docs spreadsheet where everyone posted their progress weekly. We had a set date that it started and ended and the admin gave out subscriptions to GRF as a prize. I don't know if this will be the same. It might just end up being more of a support group, which I'm okay with. I've PM'd the admin to ask if they'd be willing to offer a prize this time around (such as a donation to the rescue of the winner's choice), but haven't heard back yet. I'll let you guys know as soon as I do. =)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I walked uphill for almost 40 minutes on the tready today. Thought I'd better do something after getting into the chocolate chips. :doh:

AGAIN!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm getting a little stronger, left leg pain took longer to start up and didn't get as bad. Progress.

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just heard back from Yung and he'll offer lifetime GRF memberships to the 2 people with the biggest losses. I'm thinking that we should give it a week or so before it starts to give people time to sign up. What do you guys think??

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I can't edit my original post, so hopefully people will see this. Below is the spreadsheet to sign up. I made it an 8 week challenge. If you guys think it should be longer/shorter, let me know. I'm open to any input. Anyone interested should weigh themselves next Monday, October 10th, to get their starting weight. Our first weigh in for loss will be on Monday, October 17th. We'll be keeping track in percentages so that no one will have to reveal their actual weight if they don't want to. If anybody needs help calculating percentages (I'm math challenged lol), there are directions for how to do so on the spreadsheet. You sign up by just adding your screen name and name to the spreadsheet. If more than 15 people sign up, I'll add more spaces on the sheet. If anyone has any other questions or can think of anything that I've forgotten, please let me know! Thanks!

Also, PLEASE do not touch the "total loss" column! It will automatically update itself. Thanks!

GRF Weight Loss Challenge #2 Spreadsheet

·
Registered
299 Posts
I better sign up and do this for real this time. I have nothing keeping me accountable any more. My boyfriend doesn't like "skinny" and has told me I could add another 15 pounds and he'd still think I was smoking hot so he isn't the greatest support system. :doh: Not that he's a bad support system- He's just tall and muscular and if I counted his daily calorie intake it would be 3,000-4,000 calories and he doesn't understand why I can't eat like that. And can someone give a better explanation than "fast metabolism" and "genetics" to how a guy who eats that much and doesn't spend hours at the gym has a six pack? So not fair!

At the moment for me more important than weightloss is getting my eating habits back under control. I use an app for food tracking and then I get embarassed with how out of control my calorie intake is so I delete it! You guys might be getting my daily food journal, lol! So here's my first confession, a week early, I'm typing this message right now while eating a Reese's Peanutbutter Cup. Why oh why is there Halloween candy all over my office?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
@Sam: Could you please enter some weight-loss percentage examples in the spreadsheet, or clarify the column headings? I'm not clear on what these numbers ( 40833 40840 40847 40854 40861 40868 40875 40882) mean. It looks like they're weekly dates?

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Sam: Could you please enter some weight-loss percentage examples in the spreadsheet, or clarify the column headings? I'm not clear on what these numbers ( 40833 40840 40847 40854 40861 40868 40875 40882) mean. It looks like they're weekly dates?
I don't see those numbers...the columns at the top were weekly dates. I'll go back and check it when I leave work.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts