Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any plans to create a phone app for this forum? I believe it's free to create an app on the Droid market (not sure what it takes for iPhone). It would make it much easier to use this site on our phones rather than just using the browser. I would be willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Don't you just have to open the website on your phone, then tap the + sign at the bottom and click on add to home page??

That's what I did and it created my own little GRF app on my homepage, it's right there to tap on as soon as I turn my phone on.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not getting to the forum that is the problem, but trying to navigate the site with the browser that is more difficult. For me, it is pretty slow with the ad banner running, I'm always having to zoom in and out to see any text and it doesn't handle the reply box very well either. An app would make the interface much easier.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I agree an app would be easier. I do have the website saved on my IPhone as a bookmark so I can open it as much as I want. It is a bit difficult to reply but I can do it.

It better be a HUGE announcement when it becomes available.

·
Registered
128 Posts
There already is a tool available for smartphone access to discussion forums.

Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go

For forums written with software that Tapalk supports - it just requires it to be turned on in the forum. Or so I have heard.

Don't know if it would work on this forum. Administrator would have to chime in.

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Omg! I am going to be SO EXCITED when this comes out... hoping it will work for Blackberry! I have so much trouble navigating the site on my phone, which is what I use like 99% of the time now.

This calls for the dancing banana.

:banana:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts