Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts

·
Administrator
1,070 Posts
Just saying that the website is apparently "hiding" updated threads + hiding new posts on certain threads + new private messages again this morning.

Can you fix?

:)
Do you have any examples that we can reference? Are they eventually showing up or are they missing completely? I am not seeing any posts that are in moderation or anything that would suggest that at the moment... If you have more information that would help us troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks!
~Austin

·
Administrator
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I see this on the menu

5 Attachment(s)Is this a normal ears??
Hadiiho

Yesterday 05:09 PM
by Peri29 Last Post 9 259

but when I open it there are 10 posts and none by Peri29
I switched from a Kindle to a Surface tablet with Chrome and its still the same. No big deal, just squirrely

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
It shows up correctly on my phone. Oh well

·
Kate
20,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
All I can say is yesterday morning - all kinds of crazy stuff was going on and no response I saw from mods or admin then???

You had posts appearing and disappearing from the right sidebar - which is loopy anyway.

I normally click on Active Posts as that's pretty much the best way to see what's been updated and you can see the current conversations there. And normally that shows all the posts that don't show up on the right side bar. Yesterday morning there were various forums that were not showing updates in the active posts, even though there were updated threads! - including pictures. Or they were apparently coming and going. LOL.

I primarily noticed this because people were posting responses to threads including my puppy threads and these were not showing as updated + the comments were not visible when I was looking at the thread.

I have two different threads out there - one is an introduction to my baby puppy and the other was a besotted post about my other baby.

I clicked on one of those threads at 7-8AM yesterday morning.... and a comment posted at 5-6 or something in the morning was not showing up at that time. It was literally much later that it showed up and I did a double take noticing the time it was posted - because I knew it wasn't there before.

Also, I had private messages from very early in the morning... which did not show up until 2 hours after they had been sent. And I know the timing, because I get an alert in my regular email when I get messages. Came to the forum, no new messages showing there. Wasn't a huge deal, because I just read my messages through my regular email and chatted with the person who messaged me elsewhere... but then again, it's kinda "peculiar", I'm just saying.

Gotta add, this is the first time I'm seeing a suggestion that GRF hides messages or thread updates re "posts in moderation". Interesting.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,363 Posts
I am seeing both posts. Are you still unable to view both of them?

~Austin
I use the Classic View, Windows 10 Chrome Browser, this is what I am seeing-

Screenshot of the Thread section, last post made by member peri29 @6:09 PM EST This post is not visible in the thread.

Second screenshot is on the last post made by member Puddles everywhere @ 5:53 PM EST.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
On a related note, I see different threads under active topics depending on whether or not I am logged in. The first one is when I am logged in, and the second is when I am logged out. The screenshots were taken seconds apart. I am using Firefox on a Mac.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,070 Posts
If you aren't signed in, you are going to be getting a "cached" version of the site instead of a live version. That means unless you sign in, you won't be seeing everything by design. By serving up a cache instead, we are able to direct server resources to members instead of every guest/bot cruising the site.

The cache gets updates frequently enough that it shouldn't impact potential new users from seeing activity, but if you want to see everything live, you'll need to sign in.

Kevin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts