Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charlotte
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day Jess and I drive to my son and DIL's house to let their dogs (1 yr golden and 3 yr old pug) out , give them some play time and some lovin'. This week there has been a new dog thrown into the mix. My son's MIL is staying with them for the week while she takes a course and she has brought along her rescued greyhound. Yesterday the poor greyhound seemed terrified of those ruffians as they wrestled and played around here. I was constantly shooing them outside to the backyard and giving the poor scared girl some extra attention.
Today when I opened the door it was the usual excited rush of three dogs clamoring over me while I get Jess in and close the door, then whisk them out to the fenced back yard.
Somehow in this craziness the greyhound got out and was nowhere to be found. I walked , drove around, talking to everyone I met and leaving my cell no. and their address.
My son was on his way home and DH was about to leave his work to help search when my cell phone rang. She had been found. My son was just about home so we drove together to get her. I still can't believe we got her back so quickly.
I'm making a cake tonight and tomorrow I'll bring it over to the nice young guy who found her. He had a black lab himsef, so obviously a dog lover.
Funny part is that my son and DIL moved to this little community about 9 months ago and have had trouble getting in with the locals. I talked to so many people today and they all wanted to help.And the next door neighbour, when we went over to tell her the dog had been found, practically talked our ear off.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Animals always have a way of bringing people together. I am glad she was found safe and sound.

Reactions: Jessie'sGirl
1 - 3 of 3 Posts