Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rylee's Mommy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

We recently welcomed home Rylee Grace from a PA breeder, selected as a service dog in training. We are so excited to have this newest member of our family. We live in Montgomery County, Maryland, and have a 5 year old son and 16 month old daughter, and a six week old kitten we are fostering. Rylee is calm, tender, sweet, confident, playful, curious and incredibly intelligent.

We already have her in training, and she has mastered basic training and is already able to do simple service commands, such as retrieve help on non verbal command, and other ADA-disability related services, and she is only 17 weeks! For fun, Rylee LOVES her agility course and home and trains at a facility in Rockville, Maryland. Once she passes her puppy agility, we are excited to see if she has an interest in scent workshop which will help her to identify and retrieve things like phones, keys, medication, etc!

We are a great team, and I am excited to learn more about the wonders, challenges and joys of owning and caring for a golden as special and unique as Rylee!

I have already found this website and the experts and dog lovers who post here to be inspiring, informative and engaging, and I am excited to keep learning!

Thanks!
Tina

@Fibro_Thriving
@TinaCampbell33

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the forum! We would love to see pictures of Rylee (and the kitten for that matter). What service dog agency are you working with?

·
Rylee's Mommy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, trying to figure out how to upload photos!

We are working with a private trainer (25 years experience in service AND therapy dogs) out of Montgomery County recommended by my physician!

Will try and find some great photos of Rylee and Kiki (yes, my kids can't say kitty so, thus, kiki) cuddling :)

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Welcome from down south Georgia to you, Rylee Grace and extended family:wave:

I commend you for your want to train young Rylee Grace for service work!:)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Sorry, trying to figure out how to upload photos!

We are working with a private trainer (25 years experience in service AND therapy dogs) out of Montgomery County recommended by my physician!

Will try and find some great photos of Rylee and Kiki (yes, my kids can't say kitty so, thus, kiki) cuddling :)
Gotcha. I thought you were fostering her for a service dog agency. That is so cute that your kids can't say kitty! How sweet.

·
Rylee's Mommy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha. I thought you were fostering her for a service dog agency. That is so cute that your kids can't say kitty! How sweet.
Oh thanks! I think we are enjoying this so much that I see down the road doing a long term foster and service dog training for others in need. There is such a shortage and I think a young service dog could even really learn from an older one too. I'd have to check with our trainer to see if that is recommended/allowable (there are so many rules!)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Ism uploading new photos of her agility training in the agility threads today!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,130 Posts
Hi, welcome to you and Rylee Grace-she's beautiful.

Thanks for sharing pictures of her with us.

There's a Specializied Training section here on the forum with a Golden Retriever Service Dog section you may be interested in.

Best of luck with your training.

Glad you've joined us, enjoy the forum.

·
Rylee's Mommy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, welcome to you and Rylee Grace-she's beautiful.

Thanks for sharing pictures of her with us.

There's a Specializied Training section here on the forum with a Golden Retriever Service Dog section you may be interested in.

Best of luck with your training.

Glad you've joined us, enjoy the forum.
Thanks so much! I will check that out now. This forum is so addicting.... :). Everyone seems so genuine and respective to each other. How awesome!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Welcome to GRF, to you and Rylee Grace. She sounds like an amazing dog. I look forward to seeing pictures of her and hearing about accomplishments.

Came back to add, Kiki is slang for a party. So you have a lovely little party kitty!

1. Kiki
A party including good music and good friends, held for the express purpose of calming nerves, reducing anxiety and stress and generally fighting ennui. May involve locked doors, tea and salacious gossip.

·
Rylee's Mommy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Rylee's Mommy!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to GRF, to you and Rylee Grace. She sounds like an amazing dog. I look forward to seeing pictures of her and hearing about accomplishments.

Came back to add, Kiki is slang for a party. So you have a lovely little party kitty!

1. Kiki
A party including good music and good friends, held for the express purpose of calming nerves, reducing anxiety and stress and generally fighting ennui. May involve locked doors, tea and salacious gossip.
Haha!! So fitting!

What is really funny is that we got Kiki at only 2.5 weeks old, found under a bush. The shelter called us and said they had a 4 ounce female tabby (seriously the size of my iPhone) so we rushed over to avoid too much contact with kennel germies. 2 months later of calling Kiki a girl, I looked down one day and saw boy parts. I took a photo and sent it to the foster coordinator and said, um, I think she is a he. Try explaining THAT to two children under 6, lol! ImageUploadedByPG Free1384147381.242735.jpg

Just in case, I made extra sure Rylee was a girl. To the shelter's credit, it can be hard to sex a kitten that young and I probably should have double checked, lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts