Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself. Strange that I finally found this forum after I had to say goodbye to a piece of my heart on Nov 21.

Goodbye To A Piece of My Heart - Blog - Meandering Thoughts -

I am slowly coming around to the conclusion that I really need a golden in my life. I am very torn .... I know I want a little golden girl puppy ... and yet I am unemployed so the costs are preventative despite having the "time" for a puppy.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I Lida, welcome to the boards. I have just joined as well. Said good bye to my golden last week. You will find comfort here on the boards with fellow golden lovers.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hi and welcome. I am sorry that you lost your best friend I know how hard it is to say goodby.

I am a believer in fate and just because you are unemployed doesnt mean that there isnt a special pup just waiting for you. Dont give up your dream.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss of Mazlon. I didn't watch the video...knowing for sure I'd be crying and couldn't finish it. How is your kitty doing?

I too am in Maryland, not too far south of DC. You mentioned being at the Pentagon on September 11th. Thank You for your service! I had an Aunt in the DC Police force K9 unit at that time.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I welcomed you on your other thread, but I will say it here, too. Very sorry, again, for your loss.

·
Kristy
9,812 Posts
I am so sorry that you've lost your special golden. I am glad that you found this forum, it is a wonderful place to share your memories and feel like some other people understand how you're feeling. I wish you the best on your journey. I will say a prayer for success in your job search and hopes that your home has golden paws in it again before you know it.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I wish that I had found this forum years ago!! :) Now if I could just stop crying everytime I think about her ...

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately it has to be under such sad circumstances.

Good luck in your search for a new baby girl.

·
Mavsmumontario
15 Posts
I just wanted to introduce myself. Strange that I finally found this forum after I had to say goodbye to a piece of my heart on Nov 21.

Goodbye To A Piece of My*Heart - Blog - Meandering Thoughts -

I am slowly coming around to the conclusion that I really need a golden in my life. I am very torn .... I know I want a little golden girl puppy ... and yet I am unemployed so the costs are preventative despite having the "time" for a puppy.
Hi there,
This is Karen from Orangeville, Ontario. We said goodbye to our 9yr old Golden this past March. We miss our Maverick so much. This past Christmas Eve - we welcomed Griffin to our family. He was born October 20th and is such a great pup. We are in love. We know he won't replace Maverick, but we also know how much love we have to give to our new Griffin pup. We need a golden in our life. We are so blessed! Check out the pics I uploaded yesterday of Griffin. I wish you the best in your soul searching. Sounds to me like you already know :D
Kind Regards, Karen

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sorry for your loss of Mazlon. I didn't watch the video...knowing for sure I'd be crying and couldn't finish it. How is your kitty doing?

I too am in Maryland, not too far south of DC. You mentioned being at the Pentagon on September 11th. Thank You for your service! I had an Aunt in the DC Police force K9 unit at that time.
Leprechaun (who was devoted to Mazlon) is so lost. He waits by the door for Mazlon to come in with me (Mazlon went every where with me). He stays by the door now after I come in for about 5 minutes before leaving to come to great me. He found her collar the other day and spent the next 15 minutes rubbing and laying on top of it.

As for Sept 11 ... I was a paramedic at the time. Working with SAR dogs during the recovery period after that first day convinced me that I couldn't ask my baby to put her life in danger like that. I didn't mind for myself but not my baby.

Oh ... and I live in Gaithersburg. <G>

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Coffeenut

Coffeenut

Just sent you a private msg. I know how the pets left behind grieve.
What about adopting or fostering for a Golden Ret. Rescue or a shelter or humane society. Ken and I have never been able to go any length of time without adopting another dog.
Here is the list of Golden Ret. Rescues
National Rescue Committee of the Golden Retriever Club of America

1 - 12 of 12 Posts