Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I joined this forum a month ago (maybe?), when I had a Golden-mix foster dog. I don't think I ever posted at that time, and have just received a reminder from the forum that I might be "purged" as a zero poster. So I thought I would step forward and say hello.

I live in Idaho, having moved here from the San Francisco Bay Area almost 10 years ago. I am married and have two sons, a 20 year old and a 10 year old. I became active in dog rescue in Feb. 2002 and even worked for several years at a large, open admission humane society as the foster program coordinator. I foster one dog at a time these days, and am affiliated with an all breed rescue here in Idaho. I have 3 German Shepherd Dogs and a Pug. And a parrot. And 3 cats. A rat. And a horse.

I lost my job at the humane society in late 2007 and have since gone back to school (at Boise State University) for a teaching credential. I work part time 2-3 days a week at the barn I board my horse at, too. No money, but I get a huge discount on my own board bill! I clean stalls and turn horses out and bring them in. It is a small barn, with only 9 horses in residence, so not as back breaking as it could be!

I have since placed my Golden-mix foster dog. I would bring in another Golden as a foster in a heartbeat. I love the seniors of any breed the best and would happily stick with the oldsters for the rest of my rescue life if it were left up to me.

Anyway, this is me in a nutshell. I love reading this forum.
Sheilah

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Welcome! What a small world, I used to work at a stable, in Boise, for my stall rent! Lived there (Boise) until 1989, then moved to Southern Oregon (where I am from). Our best friends are still there and we usually make a trip over there once a year, or meet them at Farewell Bend State Park on the Snake for a weeklong camping/fishing trip. Enjoy the Forum, and post more, so you are not purged!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. And you're right, small world! I live in Eagle, but when we first moved here in 2000 I boarded my horse in Boise (at Idaho Equestrian Center).

And we have spent several happy days hiking at Farewell Bend State Park over the years. My older brother use to live in Baker City and we would meet up at Farewell Bend for the day.
Sheilah

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Are you currently Goldenless?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Are you currently Goldenless?
Yes, I am currently without a Golden. I had thought after my foster that we would keep an eye out for a senior Golden needing a forever home with us. But a 9 year old retired breeding female GSD found us first!

Of course, I keep an eye out for Goldens needing foster care. The breed in general tends to get adopted from shelters fairly quickly in this area, so most often there isn't an urgent need. But if/when there is, we're here.
Sheilah

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome and thank you for all that you are doing with fostering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts