Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student at the moment and have always dreamed of raising a golden one day. I look forward to owning one in approximately 2 years, once I graduate and have the time and finances necessary to provide the best possible care and support for a future companion. I wanted to join this community now in order to learn more about this wonderful breed and gain knowledge from those who have experience working with the breed. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or resources I can access to help me be a responsible and well-prepared Golden mom.

While I will be a first-time Golden owner, I will not be a first-time dog owner. My family and I experienced the loss our 16-year-old English Cocker Spaniel approximately one year ago. While the loss of our canine was extremely hard for my entire family, I recognize now, more than ever, how important it was for my family to have that companionship on a daily basis. We have always wanted to join the Golden community and discussed the possibility of becoming Golden owners one day. I am looking forward for that dream to become a reality in the near future.

Thank you in advance, I am excited to begin preparing for this amazing journey!

Best,

Steph

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,173 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

There are a lot of threads in the Choosing a Golden Retriever Breeder and Puppy section you may want to read through.

You may also want to read the info on the GRCA site-

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can learn a lot just reading through new threads and the section Carolina Mom linked. I had raised 2 Goldens before finding the forum and I have learned tons. It is also good you are planning well ahead of when you want a puppy since the breeders who follow the GRCA's Code of Ethics for breeders usually have wait lists for their litter. It is well worth the time and money to get a healthy well started puppy.

·
Super Moderator
2,993 Posts
Great to have you as a new member! Welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts