Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be a "new" golden owner in two weeks, and have greatly appreciated the advice on this forum as I plan and prepare for my new furry bundle. I am excited beyond words; having waited a decade for my situation to be golden-friendly!

Seem to have everything squared away (eBay and amazon are life savers!) including vaccinations and training booked. The only thing that eludes me is a name for my new addition. I have a list but would greatly appreciate some insight, experience and inspiration from others! Perhaps this isn't the best spot on the forum to pose this question?

"Puppy" weighs in at 8lbs at 5 1/2 weeks. I suspect she will be a rather healthy size!!

The avatar is from when I "met" her at 3 1/2 weeks, and the attached image was taken by the breeder at 5 1/2 weeks.

Look forward to sharing and contributing with the forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Hi there and welcome! So glad you found the forum! You may want to also join the UK section which you will find in 'community' above and then 'social groups'. Post in the UK Golden Lovers thread rather than starting a new one as its where we tend to post everything in a chat type manner.
There's only one photo showing, no avatar yet but she looks a sweetie and I look forward to seeing more photos and hearing all about her!
Is she from a local breeder or further afield?
I am owned by Chester who will be three in six weeks, he's a big lad too, they grow so fast, enjoy her puppyhood!

·
Super Moderator
16,917 Posts
Welcome and hi from another UK member, we got our old boy from the south west, he looked very much like your girl when he was a pup. What names do you have in mind? She is a real cutey!

·
Super Moderator
16,917 Posts
what about Sherry ?? as in Bristol Cream Sherry
LOL, I remember that, my mother used to drink that at christmas when I was little, thanks for the memory!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks for your warm welcome and great suggestions! I like Sherry -- very befitting. My list is as follows, sorry for the length:

roxy
ripley
Ceri
chelsea
zuri
Jersey
harlow
Freya
kenzie
nova
navy
piper
remi
reilly
ellie
finley
haley
ridley
trilby
Sterling
Molly
thatcher
Ava
Mia
Wrigley
Sadie
Daisy
Gracie
Abby
tilly
brinkley
Colby
Samy
Taylor
nessie
and now, Sherry!

Some photos of "puppy" at 3 1/2 weeks and 6 weeks!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elly, amazing growth indeed! Royal Canin (GR) has rave reviews from this brood!

She is from a breeder just north of Eastbourne. This was the second litter for mum Lily (Tyrocoll pup!) with Xanthos Espionage (Spook). Great lines, very low hip and eye scores. I adored Lily -- would have taken her home too -- she has a wonderful temperament.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Welcome to the forum also from the UK. Your new pup is adorable. I really like the name Sherry :) another idea would be to call her after her Mom Lily as I think that name would suit her. Our last golden Daisy was named after her Mom.

We currently have a 5 month old pup called Sammy and it took us ages before we got him to come up with a name, but when we came home it just suited him. Keep the photos coming, never can have too many golden puppy pics! :D

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
She's beautiful. I liked a lot of the names on your list. Sometimes it's nice to live with a pup for a few days before deciding. Their little personalities will let you know... :)

Welcome to GRF. I look forward to watching your little one grow in pictures.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Elly, amazing growth indeed! Royal Canin (GR) has rave reviews from this brood!

She is from a breeder just north of Eastbourne. This was the second litter for mum Lily (Tyrocoll pup!) with Xanthos Espionage (Spook). Great lines, very low hip and eye scores. I adored Lily -- would have taken her home too -- she has a wonderful temperament.
Wow how funny, small world, my Chesters Mum is Tyracoll Lady Luck who is from Tyracoll Uptown Girl :D
Our pups are related! But mines over two and half years older! Who is Lily's Mum?!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ellie, how great that they are related!! Lily's registered name was Trycoll Blonde But Bright, and her mum was Trycoll Razzle Dazzle.

Outwest is right, I'll probably choose the name once I've spent a little time with her. See what fits.

HolDaisy, good call, I was in fact leaning to Daisy (such a pretty name) -- keeping it in the flower family but a little different. But I still may change my mind :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Ellie, how great that they are related!! Lily's registered name was Trycoll Blonde But Bright, and her mum was Trycoll Razzle Dazzle.

Outwest is right, I'll probably choose the name once I've spent a little time with her. See what fits.

HolDaisy, good call, I was in fact leaning to Daisy (such a pretty name) -- keeping it in the flower family but a little different. But I still may change my mind :)
Interesting, ..Tyrocoll Razzle Dazzles parents are Tyrocoll Pollyanna and Summeramba Stilton ...and Tyrocoll Uptown Girls parents are Tyrocoll Pure Pizzaz and Summeramba Stilton :)
I am trying to work out if Pizzaz and Pollyanna were from the same litter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts