Doing some research on dog treat recipes...It winds up to be cheaper and healthier to make your own (which I'm sure most people know). Just made these and Bentley is going CRAZY for them!! So easy and apparently, so delicious! BTW I didn't use rolled oats...just added extra 1/2 cup of flour and used honey instead of syrup.
- 1 egg
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, for brushing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together the egg, banana, peanut butter, and maple syrup until well combined. Mix in the flour and oats and stir until combined.
- Dump onto a floured work surface and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out with cookie cutter of your choice. Place on baking sheet (they don't spread so you can place them pretty close together). Brush tops with egg whites. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crunchy.
- Store tightly covered.