Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a great idea guys.

ok here goes.

when you are out at work or away all day i have a soulution to dog boredom and getting into trouble.

we all install a webcam and a microphone ok.

then we post here when we are going out and someone will keep looking in on the mutts.

if they are gonna do something bad we call them down the mic' and the voice comes out of the p.c. speakers.

the dogs will think "blimey she even knows when i am being bad when i'm alone" and the furniture will be intact.

what a revolution, gonna call american inventor.

any great add on ideas get them posted.

:doh:

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
If you see in my signature, I have a link to a webcam stream set up on my dogs all day. I don't have a way to blast my voice into the room if they are being bad, though... that would be nice. lol

·
<---- Andy Farmer!
5,885 Posts
OMG!!! Hilarious! But I'm pretty sure my managers would not want me correcting my dogs from my desk ROFL (Hudsonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!) If I could work in a secluded conference room, that would work!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
LOL...OMG! ....What if someone was to forget to turn OFF the camera and speakers when they are home!!???? :D LMAO!!

The first day I had the cam on, when I saw my boyfriend come home, I called him and said "uhhh just in case you randomly decide to run around the house naked or something, you might want to shut the laptop" LOL

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Marlene- are your two pretty settled now or do you come home to "the shredded factory"?

They've both been laying around on the couch... sometimes looking out the window.. no major wrestling even. Most day they wrestle and play (or rip up a piece of mail into a million pieces) until about 10 or so (right now) then settle in and sleep the rest of the day.

·
old but new
711 Posts
LMAO!! OMG! Its a good thing you called your boyfriend! That would have been his worst nightmare!! LOL My husband would have died!! LOL
He is forever running around half dressed! We have ALL boys...so its ok, (I think) lol:eek:

·
<---- Andy Farmer!
5,885 Posts
They've both been laying around on the couch... sometimes looking out the window.. no major wrestling even. Most day they wrestle and play (or rip up a piece of mail into a million pieces) until about 10 or so (right now) then settle in and sleep the rest of the day.
Lucky you. I'm still waiting for Hudson to settle down a bit; he's still a busy body when I leave him unattended. It breaks my heart though because he has separation anxiety and hates being in his crate all day. Maybe I'll look into those meds for anxiety.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Hi missmarstar,

can you help me out here, I have a macbook how do I get my Kasper on this site so I can check em out when I am at work...?:confused: also I would love to have Kasper out of his crate just in the room but I think he would be eating the furniture and I would be watching it lol :D anywho pls let me know how you got em on that live channel....

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Hi missmarstar,

can you help me out here, I have a macbook how do I get my Kasper on this site so I can check em out when I am at work...?:confused: also I would love to have Kasper out of his crate just in the room but I think he would be eating the furniture and I would be watching it lol :D anywho pls let me know how you got em on that live channel....

It's super easy to set up at the ustream website ( ustream.tv ) you just have to set up an account there.. and create a show. then hit the broadcast now button.. if you have any problems setting it up, feel free to PM me!

·
Registered
38 Posts
That would be so cool to be able to see what the critters are doing well I'm gone. (I'm sure the cats are plotting something) lol I think that it would be a very affective deterrent to be able able to verbally correct naughty behavior when your not there. (I wonder if it would work on kids as well?) ;)

So far I haven't had any trouble with my new guy Benny being alone. But then he gets confined when I'm gone. I close the bedroom doors and put a baby gate at the end of the hallway so he only has access to the hallway and bathroom. I feel better knowing he has a bit of room to move around, but can't get to the couch as he likes to eat anything resembling a stuffed animal and evidently pillows fall into that category. LOL

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
My house is very small, and we close both bedroom doors and the bathroom door... so they really only have the living room you see in the webcam, the dining area where the webcam is (on top of the dining table) and our TINY kitchen. The only thing I worry about them possibly destroying (again..) are the couch cushions, so I just put them in the guest bedroom while I'm away and that problem is gone. They do find random pieces of mail left on the counter top every so often.. but other than that, they don't really seem to be too excited by anything else other than their toys or eachother to play with. For the most part, they are VERY boring to watch on cam as they just sleep all day long.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts