Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My golden is less than two months away from his 5th birthday, which I guess in the old way of reconning dog years to people years (Which is about all I can keep track of in my head. My apologies to those who have taken time to painstakingly figure out exactly what each year of dog development means according to human development with some years counting for more years than others), means he'll soon be 35.

I've noticed some gray fur on his upper lip. Now, I'm around the same age as he is, dog to human equivalent, and I have a very small amount of gray in my beard. However, I don't remember my last dog going gray this quick.

Is this unusual for a golden or is the same way it is with people where some go gray quicker than others?

Honestly, it could just be an unusually light patch of fur I've never noticed before.

Kind of weird to think that less than five years ago he was this little eight week old puppy and now he's going gray!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Gray

My golden is less than two months away from his 5th birthday, which I guess in the old way of reconning dog years to people years (Which is about all I can keep track of in my head. My apologies to those who have taken time to painstakingly figure out exactly what each year of dog development means according to human development with some years counting for more years than others), means he'll soon be 35.

I've noticed some gray fur on his upper lip. Now, I'm around the same age as he is, dog to human equivalent, and I have a very small amount of gray in my beard. However, I don't remember my last dog going gray this quick.

Is this unusual for a golden or is the same way it is with people where some go gray quicker than others?

Honestly, it could just be an unusually light patch of fur I've never noticed before.

Kind of weird to think that less than five years ago he was this little eight week old puppy and now he's going gray!
I don't think it's unusual. Our female Golden Retriever got some gray on her face around 5 years old. They are all beautiful no matter what!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
It is like people, my husband started and his sisters started turning gray at 18. Some goldens turn gray earlier than others. I at around 5 is pretty normal to start seeing those first few grays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts