Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Canadians already had Thanksgiving but gratitude is something I try to focus on everyday. I have a gratitude list I add to every day (always something new)

Please add what you are grateful for this year if you care to.

I am very grateful that Gunner is recovering from his enuculation surgery and doing well. And grateful that Sasha is so healthy.
Very grateful to have been able to afford all their medical bills this past year and before with Selka's cancer treatment.
Grateful to have all my friends from GRF!! Thanks for all the support for the past four years!

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Grateful to have our wonderful new addition this year to celebrate the holidays with us..Koda of course! Grateful for her health, for the health of my husband and I and both of our families. Grateful for our jobs and ability to live a wonderful life together.

Of course grateful for the forum and all of you on here. I have gotten so much help in the short 4.5 months we have had Koda home, I don't know what I would do without this place now!

Great post idea! :)

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I'm grateful and thankful for so many things (in no particular order):

1. Toby has restored vision after his double cataract removal surgery. We've got some slight blips to overcome and correct but it's done and he can see!

2. We finally got Toby's cobalamin and folate levels normalized with the right amount of supplementation. It took a year of testing, adjustments and retesting, but we are there!

3. Toby's enlarged abdominal lymph node did not enlarge. One more sonogram and if it's the same size we will be able to say it's normal for him.

4. My Dad's heart surgery was successful.

5. We survived the crazy record hot summer here, and now it's cooler and it's fall!

6. We survived the roofing project from *%$$- what a mess, but the company fixed all of the incompetence of the original roofing crew, even if it took three weeks.

7. We survived the interior ceiling repair necessitated by a hail storm that damaged the roof and the ceilings.

8. I found a great new dentist and the dental work was accomplished.

9. We survived the massive backyard construction project, even though it took 4.5 months instead of the estimated 6 weeks.

10. I'm very grateful for my family and friends (including the GRF friends), my home, my health, and especially my wonderful husband. :smooch:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am grateful for my family, my husband is a very loving, kind, and patient man, and my children are healthy, smart, happy and polite (most of the time)
I am grateful to have my 2 awesome dogs, 3 strange cats, and 1 very mean hamster

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am quite surprised this thread disappeared down the list with only a few comments. Even if it's not Thanksgiving in your country surely there is something to be grateful for.
Bumping to try again. Gratitude in my book is more important than what you spend for Christmas etc.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Its sad you had to bump it up..I am grateful theres people like you who still feel grateful for things :) I love the book and film 'Pollyanna', shes a little girl who always plays the glad game until she becomes paralysed but then she starts to find things to be glad again eventually.
I am thankful for my three beautiful children and all the wonderful gifts they have given me in their lives that money cannot buy such as special memories, stolen moments and neverending glowing pride.
Thank you for this thread. X

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Just saw this thread!

I am grateful that Maggie and the rats are in good health.
I am grateful to have such a wonderful hubby.
I am grateful my parents and brother are all in good health.
I am grateful for all of you for your advice and kind words.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
I am grateful for so much, it is hard to even begin.

Today, so far: Traffic was light, it was a beautiful day for our hike, I ran into a neighbor I haven't seen in awhile and their golden (Seka) is still doing fine :) My Casey seems to have suffered no ill effects from reportedly (my brother) being an absolute nut on the hike yesterday, power jumping logs and chasing after and being chased by the younger dogs. Of course, his mud bath and then initiating the brand new doggie bed; well, while I'm glad it felt so good to him I would have preferred to perhaps wait a bit for washing it LOL All 3 dogs did great in the mini training session this morning. As annoying as it sometimes is, I am grateful for my job, for the Xterra that I just sent a payment in for, the sun is out, the day is beautiful etc.

Longer term:
My home is safe from 2 very nasty storms. We did not lose power for long. We survived the floods, the tornados and the hurricanes. The winter from H*ll last year ended with no lasting damage.

My dogs are healthy, Towhee has been off antibiotics for a week now and is still doing great.

Faelan and Towhee are both doing very well in training and Casey is still demanding his share of training time.

My family, friends and neighbors are really wonderful and even Sir Drake (now known as Quackers) found a good and loving home. Quackers has companionship now and his home went with him so it was not a complete up rooting.

I would have wished for some different outcomes on some adventures we have had, but everything for a reason right?

And I am thankful for all my online friends. They bring differing points of view, support and a community together.

Okay, thats my start :)

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Kate
21,682 Posts
I'm thankful to once again be going into the holidays with a steady job. So many people are out of work. Even if you are living off the government or family, there is that uneasy feeling that it can't possibly last forever. And I know a lot of people who are afraid of the future.

I'm thankful I can consider buying presents for people, even if it's not going to be much. I'm grateful I can give a little and experience that joy of giving.

I'm thankful I have a warm safe home. It may not be much, but it's MY home. And other than waking up at midnight because I heard idiots shooting off guns presumably because they are hunting close to home.... well, that spooked me and the dog, but the rest of the time I am very safe and settled in.

I'm thankful I have a full sized and loving family to go home to. They may drive me NUTS sometimes, but when it comes down to it - family is more important than everything else.

I'm thankful for my pets and their relative health. I'm thankful that I have the luxury of being a hypochondriac about my golden. Yesterday he was even more quiet and lowkey than normal, so of course I was wondering if I should take him to the vet to have him checked out. I didn't, but I thought of it.

I'm thankful for a running car, even though it's going to cost me $$$ in the next couple months as I take care of a couple minor things.

I'm thankful I live in an area that has mostly paved roads. I really hate dirt roads.

I could go forever and ever, but the fact of the matter is I don't necessarily wait to thanksgiving to acknowledge those things in life that are wonderful. There are more good things than bad things. The things that hurt and sadden may be more noticable and remarkable when they occur in my life, but they thankfully are rare compared to all of the good things. I feel much blessed and I must praise God and offer a prayer of thanks. And I guess I do not take these things for granted. I certainly admire other people who have not been so blessed as I have, but they are so strong and brave in the face of all the trials they experience. I pray we all could be that strong and surefooted whenever we may be tested.

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy holiday season. Put those bells on and embrace joy. :)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I am grateful first and foremost that my family is healthy, are securely in their homes, employeed and that my grandchildren are surrounded with love and all of lifes necessities as well as it's pleasure.

I'm grateful that my horses are healthy and seem to love me. Always a handy thing with a 1,000 pound animal. I'm grateful that they continue to let me work with them and that they enjoy our time together.

I'm SO grateful that Penny has come thru her TPLO surgery and recovery and it looks like clear sailing from here on out. We'll know tomorrow @ about noon, for sure.

I am grateful for my Golden family here. Sometimes, you're the only ones I have to talk to and you are always there for me. You will never know how important you all are.

I am grateful that even in darkness, God lets me see the light and count my blessings.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
I'm grateful for:

my loving family
my boy, Gunner
my wonderful friends
my health and the good health of my family and our pets
my house and belongings

I feel very blessed...

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I just want to repeat I'm thankful for my friends. This past week my husband and I lost a childhood friend to a heart issue (we grew up together). Friends are treasures and even though I may not tell them often enough, they are very special. I'm thankful for them and plan to tell them verbally and not just in my thoughts.

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
The one thing that I'm most grateful for is that my Dad is still here. Most of you know that he started diaylsis about a year ago and the doctor said that if he had waited just a couple more days to come see him he wouldn't have made it. He is doing well on dialysis and I'm so thankful for that. I'm also thankful for my dogs Jenny and Sailor who light up my days even when I'm having a hard one. I'm grateful for GRF because you are the nicest people ever and when I can't talk to anyone else about something you will always listen.

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
I am grateful for my Health, and those in my Family.
I am grateful for Tucker, of course!
I am grateful that I am looking forward to the Holidays this year, rather than facing them with the sadness of loss of my Heart Dog.
I am grateful for my Hubby who works hard so I can do what I love. I love you honey!
I am grateful for the beauty in the simple things of my daily life. A good cup of coffee in the morning, Watching the sun shine through the leaves of fall, The sounds of Holiday music on the radio while I run errands. Tucker drooling over his food while I fix it for him.
I am grateful for this community of Golden Lovers, even though we all may not see eye to eye on everything, but we all come together with the common bond of our beloved Golden Retriever, and that's a GOOD THING.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families, and your Dogs!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Grateful

I am grateful for:

My health and my hubby and dogs health
My friends on this forum
My Dogs Tucker and Tonka
Being able to have Snobear and Smooch when they were alive
For our home
For my Husband's job
For food to eat
For belief in a Higher Power
For being able to quit smoking one day at a time.

Reactions: AlanK and Bob Dylan

·
Kate
21,682 Posts
I think I jinxed myself this morning when I mentioned my car... o_O

Complete brake job - front and back. And the mechanic pushed me to buy two new tires again (talking $600).

I'm still thankful that the dang car is worth the repairs. >.<

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I am grateful for my family (including our pets), friends and our health.

(Our fifth grade students drew the names of our staff members and wrote a thank you letter to the person whose name they drew. I've been there long enough that I've known some of the kids as infants. The letters were amazing)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts