Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any good recipes? buying the grain free treats is so expensive that there has to be a cheaper way.
something with Peanutbutter would be nice ;)

thanx!

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
You can find potato flour and starch pretty easyily these days. I would subsitute the wheat flour for that.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Are all grains out?
Have you tried dehydrated meats - homemade jerky?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, all grains have to be out. We are dealing with some serious ear infection issues and recently switched to a grain free food. I want to keep the ingrediant list as simple as possible so his ears can finaly heal.

I have not made homemade jerky, can I do it in the oven?

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I've made this one before, using The Honest Kitchen Embark formula which is grain free! Seemed to be a hit with mine, but then again, most treats are lol

Banana Pup Cakes

Ingredients
• 3 cups Embark
• ½ cup almond meal
• 1/4 cup sesame seeds
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup cold water
• 2 tbspn honey, nectar or molasses
• 2 bananas, mashed.

Optional:

• Plain yogurt topping or cottage cheese.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pre-grease a 12 muffin, muffin pan (you can use butter or vegetable oil).
Combine in a bowl the Embark and the almond meal and sift together. Mix in the sesame seeds.
In a separate bowl whisk the eggs together at high speed for 3 minutes. Gradually add in honey and water.
Reduce the speed to low and add in the dry mixture cup by cup. Fold in chopped bananas.

Bake in oven for 25 minutes, until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.

Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes.

Top with plain yogurt or cottage cheese if you'd like.

Serve 'em up - and feel ever so popular!!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I bought a dehydrator to make high quality, affordable treats. I think it was like $30-40.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts