Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I want to enter one or more of these, in addition to Utility A at my club's trial in Dec. I'm thinking I'd like the practice for Quiz in a real show environment since it's signals in a show environment that's been our bugaboo.

Which one would you recommend?
Which would you avoid?
Why?

Ready? Discuss!

Thank you!

·
Kate
21,690 Posts
Just saying I watched Graduate Novice and Graduate Open at the last trial - and I heard a lot of people were getting their dogs into those classes as prep for Open and Utility.

It looked like fun.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
I really like the Wildcard classes!! I did Wildcard Novice one time with Filly, and it was fun!! Grad Open looks ok though, I am not a fan of Grad Novice though. What about versatility?

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
I liked Versatility but no way to be sure you will get signals as part of it.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
graduate open might give him a confidence boost with the closer signals.

Reactions: FlyingQuizini

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Versatility looks fun, signals or not, so I think I'll do that. Also thinking of WC Utility. The Grad Open ... I'm on the fence. I'm not sure I like the idea of the 1/2 way go-outs ...

I may end up trying all three over the two days.

Any reasons you can think of that I should *avoid* any specific one?

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Do you get the GRNews? There was a nice writeup about the optional titling classes, both the good and bad things.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you get the GRNews? There was a nice writeup about the optional titling classes, both the good and bad things.
No. Any chance you can scan/email it to me?

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
the only thing I don't like about graduate open is I don't like having my dogs work such a small article pile. Too much like a retrieve when there's only a few items out there.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
the only thing I don't like about graduate open is I don't like having my dogs work such a small article pile. Too much like a retrieve when there's only a few items out there.

I think the article pile is overly small too!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts