Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it today, Raider's Grandmother, Winnie has a beautiful memorial, lists all her kids and grandkids. She was a beautiful girl and I am lucky to have one of her grandpuppies.

·
16,000 Posts
I am still waiting to get mine! Grr.... Maybe in the mail today? Has anyone with standard delivery received theirs yet? I will check it out once I get mine. Here I go, getting excited all over again!

I haven't gotten mine, yet. I'm convinced that there are GR lovers at our post office and that they pass it around and read mine before delivering it to me... I often receive mine "pre-opened"... :rolleyes:

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
I haven't gotten mine, yet. I'm convinced that there are GR lovers at our post office and that they pass it around and read mine before delivering it to me... I often receive mine "pre-opened"... :rolleyes:
Sounds like hubby's fishing magazines. They always show up much later than expected, sans cover.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I get mine standard delivery--and it arrived about 3 days ago; I have several friends, also in the South Florida area that, like me, did not opt for First class service, and they are still waiting for theirs too.

I love the article co-written by the breeder and the rescue group; that's all I will say about that--if I reveal more, I'll reveal the whole thing and let's just say it's enough to make you teary-eyed when you read it.

·
16,000 Posts
I have had the pleasure of staying at Sylvia's and helping with the mag (mainly so she can take a break and we can be "tourists" in Northern California for a few hours.- I LOVE that area...) I think that given the truly extraordinary quality of the GRNews, people would be amazed to know that she edits and publishes the entire thing in her home, on her Mac. She puts her entire being into that magazine. She is amazing...

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
I would love to be able to do that!

Still waiting for mine, too!!!!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Funny, I was just thinking that the other day!

I just finished sending Sylvia two ads that I put together for the Inland Valley Retriever Club and the Golden Retriever Club of San Diego County. I was thinking how much work went into just those! I cannot imagine how much she puts into the entire publication. It is really a work of art. Please tell her thank you from me!

Also, how fun for you to get to help her and get a sneak peak at all the ads!

I LOVE Northern California!! Especially this time of year, fall is just not the same in San Diego…

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
geez, from the looks of it you'd think they had a staff of 20 full timers! She does an incredible job.
Still waiting for mine....

I have had the pleasure of staying at Sylvia's and helping with the mag (mainly so she can take a break and we can be "tourists" in Northern California for a few hours.- I LOVE that area...) I think that given the truly extraordinary quality of the GRNews, people would be amazed to know that she edits and publishes the entire thing in her home, on her Mac. She puts her entire being into that magazine. She is amazing...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts