·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
personalized name tag with reward and address

rabies tag

town tag (new this week)

tag that came with the microchip.

as of right now we only put the personalized tag on him since it has my address and cell on it and the all important "REWARD". Do i need to put the other 3 on him? seems overkill. you'd think if i were willing to pay to get him back i'd have had him up to date on shots etc.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
If you don't wear the rabies tag on him, just make sure that you know where the paperwork is. They do spot checks often, at least in our area. You get a large fine if you are not able to produce proof.

I think 1 tag with your contact info should be enough. Afterall, the microchip is in him- so you don't really need that tag, too.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Usually mine only wear their boomerang tag which fits flat against their collar. It has name, cell, m'chipped, and the vets number. I do have their rabies tag and paper work, they can also cross reference their records or check with the vet for vax info.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I think you shuld be fine with the 1 tag, but maybe keep the others in your car or take them with you if you are going out in public incase you get checked at a dog park or something. Molson lost his rabies tag about a week after he had his shot, and apparently I can't get a replacement tag until he has another shot done (in a year!), so I always make sure that I always know where his vax papers are.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
I keep all Finn's tags on him, but I put them in one of those tag pockets that slides onto his collar. It's a $300 fine in our town if his "voice and sight control" tag isn't on him when he's off leash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts