Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I REALLY wanted an adult or young adult dog! I love puppies but also love sleep. lol

BUT after trying for about 4 different dogs and never having the time to get them before they were adopted I found this pup and said ok fine. ;) Been hearing about "goberians" and i'm one of those who roll their eyes at these dumb MIX BREED dog names. BUT I had to read up on *** a goberian was and got interested.
I've always loved Huskies (had them when I was younger in cali) but remember they had a LOT of energy!!!! The idea of mixing with a golden really isn't a bad idea other than the obvious of more puppies without homes..

Well turns out his purebred husky should have gotten fixed sooner (he said he was going to do it soon which I hope he does) but she was "playing" with a purebred golden and had an oopsie.. He seemed to know how to take care of the pups since I got a little baggie with the empty vials of what shots she's had and he showed me her mother without me asking and told me what food and everything else an owner should know.

ANYWAYS - here she is! Nyla (I wanted Nala like lion king but after a long decision it was altered to Nyla.. yes I got a Nyla bone for Nyla..)

I wanted a white one but hey it seemed meant to be so I let it be! She is black and white but pics make her look tan for some reason. So she looks a lot like a GSD in pics!
So far she just REALLY likes to cuddle!! And sleep... She's been doing great and waking up and whining to go outside already too! (at about 6 weeks old.. which I think is too soon for her to be away from momma but hey..) I'm sure that'll change lol but it's great for now!!

The 2 cats I have aren't sure about her what - so -ever! she isn't sure what that funny noise is that the one cat keeps making (hissing) and proceeds to sniff said cat lol Hayden just... I don't know? She sniffs her then tries to get me to pet her lol Has been ignoring her which i'm not sure what to think of that?

I just can't wait for her to be bigger!!! It's cute and all but I want her to be able to play with hayden and to walk without me right by her side lol And i'm always so curious about what they'll look like...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww look at that little face. she looks like trouble! congrats and good luck :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've always loved huskies too. A husky- golden mix is a great idea (other than- as you said- more puppies in the shelter.)What an adorable dog! Have fun!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
I already got fussed at for letting her sleep with me in bed. She was scared and didn't like me leaving her side..... So we napped. Had to move out onto the couch though since the b/f couldn't sleep with her breathing? :uhoh:
BUT thankfully we did since I learned she is 100% fine as long as she can squeeze into a dark place. She went behind the cushions and fell right to sleep. Even while I got up to feed the horse and cats! So I built her a nice little corner of my stuffed soft bunny, a snuggy I don't use anymore, and some couch pillows that annoy me. :) I know in a few weeks she'll start to chew those to shreds.. but for now... it works!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Nyla

Your Nyla is just adorable! Congratulations!!
I've always loved Huskies, too!

·
Clare--Watney's mom
88 Posts
Sooooo sweet. Good luck with her! I love her name....

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
What a doll. Think she is going to be a beautiful adult. You will need to post pictures as she grows. What a cutie.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's a brat. Always needs to sleep on me (naps not bed time)
Hayden was first just growling at her if she came close :( today they played a little bit! Cats are starting to get closer to her as well.
(cats already rub up on hayden. Hayden has a bad habit of "playing" with one of the cats and it makes me cringe. She drags him around and he just lays there lol)

Hopefully they all end up liking each other..

Her eyes are grey right now. I wonder if they'll go a bit more blue?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's SO much cuter when sleeping!!!

And already starting on deer antlers! Surprised Hayden let her chew on that! But then again I did have yummy potato chips and I guess that over rides bones...

She's for sure a handful! She romps around like a crazy dog! She chews on Hayden's name tag... chews on the cat... She "broke out" of her little area today while I was at the gym and kinda pranced over to me when I came home lol thankfully nothing was a mess!!
She has finally figured out how to go up and down steps so no more carrying her outside unless I just take her out of her area - don't want to give her any time to potty on the floor.

She's doing ok? with potty training. Always goes to the bathroom right away when outside. But still doesn't understand it's an outside only kind of thing... but she does stiff a good bit first when inside. I just have to be quick!

Oh and the other day she REALLY didn't want to be without me! I was taking a shower and she kept whining - I open the shower door to tell her i'm here now hush and she jumped right into the shower with me and just stood there. :eek: She didn't care one bit that the water was soaking her... all I could do is laugh. That's the first for me....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She will NOT leave poor Hayden alone. Some reason Hayden hasn't caught onto the fact that the pup can't jump on the couch or bed so she can escape that way.
Hayden with growl.. snap.. bark.. anything and everything at Nyla and it doesn't phase Nyla one bit!!

Hayden was trying to chew her bone and Nyla was trying to chew hayden.. most times Hayden will have one end of the bone and Nyla will have the other lol
But above picture shows how Hayden deals with her now. She put her paw on her neck and just holds her down lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts