Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was me and Diego's first training session! It was alot to take in, but I get why he shows aggression now. So basically he is just used to getting what he wants, and doing what he wants. He does not have doggy manners, and doesn't know how to react to other dogs. It was interesting, Diego will stare at other dogs, waiting for them to look back at him so he can start a fight. My homework right now is working on heeling. That way when other dogs approach he's right next to me and I have control. Once we get him listening and paying attention, we will work on closing distance with Diego and other dogs. But for now, we are supposed to do two sessions a day in my backyard, 5-7 min. long of walking in circles, and giving him praise, treats, and clicking for heeling. She also said I need to be more firm with him. I really understand everything now! I'm a little sad that he won't be able to get his long walks anymore, but it will be better in the long run, that way he won't get confused. She said to just tire him out with fetch.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I'm glad that you felt good about your first training class! First days in class can be seriously stressful, it sounds like you got some good advice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts