Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to put it in this shape so it would fit better in our living room..

Please excuse the mess =) was folding laundry lol and my daughter likes to throw the socks around...
I think we're going to buy a second one!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
This is exactly what we used for our pups when we first brought them home. I then bought two more and connected them on the patio so that when the weather was bad (such as a lot of rain with mud) they could be outside but I could keep them out of the mud spots. This "x-pen" is really great. I bring it in and out of the house whenever I need to keep the dogs safely out of the way (for example if I have someone over cleaning carpets, then I bring it downstairs and create a space for the dogs while the workers do whatever they have to do.)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i have a feeling we'll be buying 1 or 2 more =) to do exactly as you say lol.. we are on a long waiting list (17 months from nov 08) to get a fence lol... so i can "Create my own fence" so the dogs and my daughter will have boundries outside.
i also dragged out our old baby gates and have gated off the stairs to go upstairs... Trying to get our dog now used to things like that in the house, so she doesnt think "man this new dog caused me only to be allowed down stairs" lol. our chihuahua trys to climb out of the gate. she almost makes it to the top lol.. any ideas on how to stop that?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i already love it LOL!!! The lady i bought it from off of Craigs list lived only a mile from me down the road on base haha. how nice righT? She said if she didnt sell the second one she would just give it to me. :)

And i just realized Harry was born on my birthday! July 3rd :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is that all of the segments included there or did you have leftovers?

I'm trying to decide whether to get one or two and put them together.
We have one and it's great. They come with 6 pieces. You can also purchase two separate pieces instead of a whole set to make it a bit larger. I've found they work well to block entertainment systems, tables with lamps that I can't hide wires, and doors so we just ordered two more sets. You can buy them online from Walmart for $53 which is around $30 cheaper than big box pet stores. Shipping is less than a dollar and it takes about 3-4 days to arrive.

Here's the link.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah you can get it alot cheaper at walmart, i found mine on Craigslist(40$), someone down the street from me just happend to be selling 2. You can buy the 2 extra "extention" pieces for 21$ at walmart. Ill be buying another one when he gets a little bit bigger.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Amazon has them for $59, and I get free overnight shipping.

The thing is, that 2-piece 'extention' set is half the price of an entire kit!

May as well buy two, and use the leftover sections for door protectors, gating off the cat box, or ...

:)

We have one and it's great. They come with 6 pieces. You can also purchase two separate pieces instead of a whole set to make it a bit larger. I've found they work well to block entertainment systems, tables with lamps that I can't hide wires, and doors so we just ordered two more sets. You can buy them online from Walmart for $53 which is around $30 cheaper than big box pet stores. Shipping is less than a dollar and it takes about 3-4 days to arrive.

Here's the link.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Amazon has them for $59, and I get free overnight shipping.

The thing is, that 2-piece 'extention' set is half the price of an entire kit!

May as well buy two, and use the leftover sections for door protectors, gating off the cat box, or ...

:)
Which is why we bought two more complete sets, sorry if I was vague. We'll have 18 total pieces. haha.... that stuff will be everywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts