Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This girl is in a shelter in GA. The local golden rescue is aware of her and are planning on pulling her. The odd thing is, she is microchipped with a chip from a foreign country. So it would seem to me that she was either brought along when her owners moved to the US or that she was purchased from a breeder overseas who cared enough about their puppies to microchip her, but was still willing to ship her overseas. Is that common? Does she look English bred? The site doesn't say where her chip originated.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15434399

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
She's a beautiful girl, and she looks very well groomed. Any chance someone could try figuring out where her chip is from, and locating either her breeder or her owner?

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The person who sent her to me had email the shelter a little while ago and was told that a local rescue had pulled her. I agree, when she emailed her picture to me yesterday she wanted to know if she was a golden retriever. lol. I told her that a well bred golden looks like that. I was hoping we could possibly track down the breeder or owner, too. But I don't know which rescue got her. I don't think it was a golden rescue.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Someone suggested to me that it was possible she was from Canada, as a lot of Canadians drive down to vacation in Florida and Georgia. It breaks my heart to think that she may be someone's beloved pet and may never find her way home again.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Could have been someone in the military as well...my pets were chipped in Germany so we could travel to England. Would be interesting to know more about the chip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts