Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some time I've been making the traditional "fudge brownies" that are composed if a lot of butter, melted chocolate and white sugar, and then a little bit of flour (Fudge Brownies I Recipe - Allrecipes.com). They are okay but my husband is not a big fan and I find that they are quite sugary and not really sticky like fudge (except the edge) nor dense like chocolate cake.

Can anyone throw me your best gooey, dense brownie recipe. No nuts please!

·
& Golden Roxy And Roo To
2,023 Posts
Jackie I love my brownies gooey to :) So we just use a box mix...any box mix. Add about half a large bag of choc chips, bake, and than when they are done we pour the other half a bag of chips on top till it melts and than spread, and let cool.
***many times on the box mixes the also have "hints for chewier brownies" the recipe just varies a bit.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
La Duni Brownies
Chef: Dunia Borga
La Duni Latin Kitchen
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of butter
1 cup of unsweetened chocolate cut into pieces (8oz)
3 cups granulated sugar (you can reduce to taste)
6 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions
1. Pre heat oven 350 F.
8 in. square cake pan greased
2. in a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until well
melted and smooth. set a side to cool slightly.
3. with a whisk stir in sugar slowly, add eggs one at a time, add vanilla and mix just until blended.
4. slowly add in the flour and the salt mix until fully blended, stir in the chocolate chips.
5. spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until done.
6. place pan on rack to cool completely, then cut into squares.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! That recipe is almost exactly the same as the one I've been working with (see link above). Maybe my technique is off? Maybe I should mix by hand?

La Duni Brownies
Chef: Dunia Borga
La Duni Latin Kitchen
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of butter
1 cup of unsweetened chocolate cut into pieces (8oz)
3 cups granulated sugar (you can reduce to taste)
6 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions
1. Pre heat oven 350 F.
8 in. square cake pan greased
2. in a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until well
melted and smooth. set a side to cool slightly.
3. with a whisk stir in sugar slowly, add eggs one at a time, add vanilla and mix just until blended.
4. slowly add in the flour and the salt mix until fully blended, stir in the chocolate chips.
5. spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until done.
6. place pan on rack to cool completely, then cut into squares.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jackie I love my brownies gooey to :) So we just use a box mix...any box mix. Add about half a large bag of choc chips, bake, and than when they are done we pour the other half a bag of chips on top till it melts and than spread, and let cool.
***many times on the box mixes the also have "hints for chewier brownies" the recipe just varies a bit.
Box brownies are more gooey, eh? Haha! Maybe I'll have to find out what they put in there!

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
I use chocolate chips in mine too. Here is the recipie I use. Rocky Road Brownies Except I use pecans instead of peanuts.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Thanks! That recipe is almost exactly the same as the one I've been working with (see link above). Maybe my technique is off? Maybe I should mix by hand?
I'm not sure where I read it but with baked goods you aren't supposed to over mix but just mix until blended. I thought the reasoning was over mixing dried them out. You can always pull them out of the oven a few minutes early and they will be runny goey!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I just noticed the recipe I pulled up has 8 oz of unsweetened chocolate plus 1 cup of chocolate chips and your recipe is just 4 oz of chocolate total--the 12 ounces of extra chocolate in the la duni recipe will definitely add to the gooeyness!

·
& Golden Roxy And Roo To
2,023 Posts
Box brownies are more gooey, eh? Haha! Maybe I'll have to find out what they put in there!
You'd be surprised just how good they are... my coworkers thought they came from a bakery :)
For the heck of it try it one day :)

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Brownies should be mixed by hand just until all the dry ingredients are moist. It's not like a cake where you beat for 2 min.

If you use a mix, I think Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines are the best especially the ones with chocolate chunks.

Honestly, I like the batter more than the baked brownies (with lots of chopped nuts!) ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts