Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just lost Marley, my 12 year old Golden Retriever this morning. She had a brain tumor. Between the symptoms of the tumor and the side effects of the drugs she was on to control seizures she had lost all quality of life. She was such a sweet and wonderful dog. Not a mean bone in her body...she would even walk around bugs instead of stomping on them! :) Putting her down was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I wrestle with whether I made the right choice at the right time but it was just breaking my heart watching her suffer.

Rest in peace my sweet Marley...seizure and pain free....

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.
Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Play hard at the bridge sweet Marley.

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Rest in peace sweet Marley. You will see her again someday. Play hard at the bridge sweet girl.

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
I'm so sorry. Please know that the choice you made was right, because you made it out of the deepest love.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. The pain is all yours now - Marley is playing at the Rainbow Bridge free of her pain. You have given her the greatest gift, please do not second guess your decision. You did what was right for HER, even if your heart is breaking :(

Stick around on the forum, there are so many who have been in your shoes, and can offer you words of encouragement and advice, or just be shoulders to cry on. It's unfortunate you had to find us under these circumstances, but welcome :)

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,687 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You did Marley your final kindness with love, so it was the right time and for the right reason.

Run softly at the bridge, Sweet Marley

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
I am so terribly sorry about your loss. You are not alone and Marley isn't suffering any more. You made the right decision and it is an act of love in itself.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am so very sorry at your loss of Marley! It is so hard to say goodbye and let them go even when we know they are suffering.
God bless you and Godspeed sweet Marley

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Marley.

I found this forum after I lost a lovely girl as well so I think I know how you are feeling.

Thinking of you.

Eileen
x

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Amy

Amy

I am so sorry about Marley, but you absolutely did the right thing, because you loved her. As you said she had no quality of life and you couldn't bear to see her suffer. That is REAL LOVE. Ken and I have always used the same criteria, when it has come to making that decision.

God Bless and I know you will find alot of support here.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Many of us here on the GRF have had to make that dreaded decision, we all feel your grief and sadness. RIP dear Marley.

·
Dave K.
71 Posts
You've performed a tremendously difficult but loving kindness to Marley...no second guessing, as others have said. Many of us have been through this and understand. We hope you'll stay in touch during these next few, tough days.

For anyone feeling this pain, Cynthia Rylant's childrens' book "Dog Heaven" is one of the most beautiful, comforting things I've read. It was given to us as a gift when we had to let Jasmine go 2 years ago, and now I give a copy to friends when they go through the same experience.

Best wishes, amyd. Keep in touch.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
So sorry about the loss of Marley.....she's in good hands now!!

RIP Marley.......

1 - 20 of 45 Posts