Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She is heading off to the bridge soon. Rescued at 8yrs young we have had 5 wonderful years together with her now at 13+

Today on our vet visit x-rays showed fluid around her heart and cancer throughout. Her lungs look awful. Seems her brain tumor spread and wreaked havoc with cancer in the past 4-5 months. Had a very long visit with consultations from more than one vet and many caring vet techs.

No heroics here, buying a a day or two of quality with meds is all. I'm not pushing it, was agreed she is not in stress.

Friday at noon we have a tentative appt for her to cross over. Until then more love than ever.

Did my best always. She has thrived throughout but now time is at a end. No more cards to play.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I loved watching Fiona grow with you these past five yrs..loved all the adventures you both had..you were a great dad...she was happy for sure, you could see it clearly in your video..I will keep you and Fiona in my prayers Friday...

·
Registered
21,055 Posts
Oh geez, I hate to hear this. You and she have been so lucky to have each other. I wish we could have them forever.
<<hugs>>

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Fiona looked like a very happy and content girl in your video. Five wonderful years together. So sorry for you and your girl.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
You have given Fiona the sort of life that most golden retrievers can only dream about. I wish you both peace at this difficult time

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
My heart aches so much for you. Even so, I am glad that you didn't have to make that most final of decisions for her. Fiona was a very, very lucky girl to be loved and cared for so much.

Peace be with you, as it surely is with Fiona.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts