Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
oh no!! Sending many many good thoughts and prayers your way.

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
YES!! YES!! YES!!

While he is not out of the woods yet, the surgery was successful! The blockage was about half in the stomach, half in the intestines but they were able to push the blockage fully into his stomach so he had one incision, and no intestinal damage since the blockage was caught fairly quickly !! Intestines look healthy.

My Aedan may be able to come home tomorrow night :)

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
They offered to save it for me, but I declined LOL They said something terry cloth-ey, so perhaps part of a towel or one of Paul's socks? Paul did ask me on the phone Friday if Aedan ate EVERYTHING and I remember commenting only if he could get it!

They also offered to send me a pic of him in recovery ... I declined that too since that is not a picture I think I'd enjoy seeing although my relief at their call knows no bounds so perhaps a picture? Nah, I want to see a pic of his wagging tail :)

Great news! Hoping for a quick recovery. What ended up causing the blockage?

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
So glad to see this update. Now if we can just train our respective other halves to keep things picked up...

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Thanks for the update, hope he continues to improve quickly and is able to come home today!

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
So glad if maybe he can come home today - following on FB

·
Karen
986 Posts
YES!! YES!! YES!!

While he is not out of the woods yet, the surgery was successful! The blockage was about half in the stomach, half in the intestines but they were able to push the blockage fully into his stomach so he had one incision, and no intestinal damage since the blockage was caught fairly quickly !! Intestines look healthy.

My Aedan may be able to come home tomorrow night :)
Very happy to read this note, Yeah Aedan. Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts