Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Just joined yesterday. I am an almost 23 year old stay at home mom of two wonderful little boys, ages 2 and 8 months and a step-mom to a gorgeous 5 year old girl. I am owned by one golden so far. Soarin' Over High Waters... But we just call her Sawyer. Lol. She is a 5 year old golden that I received as a graduation present. With hopes to show her in confirmation, she is a half inch short of breed standard :doh:

Recently my husband and I decided it was time to extend our family a bit. After many attempts with different breeds, we have come to terms that the Golden is the only breed for us. There for, we will have a puppy in less than two weeks. I am getting my first ever male pup, and I am hoping for the best. Lol. If anyone has any tips about owning a male golden, please, please, please let me know. All the advice I can soak up the better.

I have been head over heals for goldens since my 4-H years. I looked forward to going to the county and state fair every year because of Perry. This big guy, although he was 12, looked and played as if he were still a pup. And I loved the overall temperament of the golden. Not much more to say, so if you have any questions fell free to ask. Can't wait to meet all of you!

·
Finley's pop
51 Posts
From one Washingtonian to another - welcome! Definitely need to post some photos of your Golden!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Welcome! I'm also from Washington state. Are you hoping to show your new pup in the breed ring when he is older? You sure are brave with two babies and a new pup:).

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Hi, from Sadie (lab) and Bridger (golden) in Orting, WA.

I so envy you being a "4-H kid"--wish they had the equivalent for seniors!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome!! I'm new too and am from Gig Harbor :) I travel between Wa and SoCal and this current trip I had to send my 11.5 y/o to the bridge and I didn't hesitate getting another from the same breeder..he's my 5th lil nasty and growing like a weed..I'm waiting to give him his third set of shots before we head back to Wa for a couple months.
You might want to look into the Evergreen Retriever club. As far as any tips for a male..watch the teeth!!... and give him plenty of exercise :) Good luck!! Oh here's the link to Evergreen...EGRC-Home

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I will post pictures very soon. Our newest pup, we pick up on Sunday and I am so excited! He was bred for field trials so I am hoping to get into that. I love obedience and agility. I do want to get in touch with EGRC, my only down fall is I live in Hamilton. So that might wait until I move back down south. :))

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new pup. I encourage you to join in our hunt and field section and our weekly training thread with your new pup! Field training is da bomb!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts