Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for chew toys that extremely sturdy and not very easy to rip apart. My golden lily loves her toys, but she also loves to destroy them. Toys with squeakers usually don’t last long as she will stop at nothing to get the squeaker out. She likes those big ropes but she’s started been able to rip those apart little by little and we don’t want her swallowing a bunch to loose string. Every toy we’ve tried besides a kong has been defeated by the jaws of lily.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,810 Posts
Welcome!

Check products made by Kong, Nyla Bone.

Be careful giving Antlers or bones from the grocery or butcher shop. Sometimes they can splinter, pieces can break off, and crack teeth, etc.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Rukie used to like these
Raw knuckle bones are supposed to be safer as far as less risky of cracking a tooth but we haven't had any problems with these. I didnt like the bloody look of the raw ones at the local pet shop. I scraped the fatty stuff off and give limited time to chew them so he doesn't eat too much at one time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rukie used to like these
Raw knuckle bones are supposed to be safer as far as less risky of cracking a tooth but we haven't had any problems with these. I didnt like the bloody look of the raw ones at the local pet shop. I scraped the fatty stuff off and give limited time to chew them so he doesn't eat too much at one time.

That's good advice, thank you. We used to call them soup bones, and my neighbors would feed them to their Golden. Would getting one from a butcher be safe these days?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kongs and Nylabones are the only things Gemma doesn't destroy … these are all more than 6 months old and are chewed every day

toys 1.jpg
toys 2.jpg

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I think going to the butcher for bones would be safe if you can actually find one

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think going to the butcher for bones would be safe if you can actually find one
Most food supermarkets here (Reno, NV USA) carry raw soup bones etc..Sometimes you have to ask for them as they have steadily increased in popularity. Hopefully you can locate what you want in your country :unsure:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts