Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My golden Cody passed this week just a month after his 12th birthday. He had cancer for the last year so it was not unexpected but he went downhill very fast and we decided it was time. I am glad he was able to do some things almost until the end. He was swimming and playing with his brother less than a week before. He loved to go dock diving.

It is extra hard because we lost my 15 yr old Labrador just a little over a year ago. I was so heartbroken I impulsively adopted a lab mix. If I had known Cody was going to go so soon I never would have gotten him. He was diagnosed only a few months after she died. but I am glad I didn’t know. Leo really livened up the house. Cody was never really into playing with other dogs but would play a bit with Leo.

I am thankful that I had him in my life.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,823 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss of Cody, what a beautiful boy.
Sorry for your loss of your Lab too.

Godspeed Cody

·
Ann
367 Posts
I’m so sorry you lost your handsome Cody. It’s never easy. We lost Lincoln, 10 yrs old, this past August to Hemangiosarcoma. We miss him terribly. Bear, 15 mos old, misses him as well. Thank goodness we have him. He lessons the pain somewhat. I can’t imagine not having a Golden in our home. Perhaps, when you’re ready, you will get another pup.

Lincoln, left, with Bear

Attachments

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace sweet, sugar face Cody.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that you keep Cody alive with your warm thoughts and memories. Sending lots of love and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time. May Cody be over the rainbow bridge dog diving and playing fetch.

·
Super Moderator
16,911 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss, if you would like me to add Cody to The Rainbow Bridge List, please let me know the date of his passing and I will add him. Once again so very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Cody was a beautiful boy (such a sweet face!) I'm glad he was able to dock dive and enjoy playing with his brother. I'm sorry about the loss of your lab also. That had to be hard so close together. As time goes on, I hope thinking of them brings a smile to your face.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy, Cody. What a handsome and happy boy! His smile makes me smile. Prayers for Cody, you and Leo too. Run free Cody and look for my sweet Buddy at the rainbow bridge, he was a happy, fun boy too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss, it is so darn hard! I share your sorrow, we lost our Maddie girl in January from cancer. She was a few days short of 12 years. Then in October we lost our boy Spirit (was born on Halloween). He would have been 14 on Halloween, but his cancer took him very quick. It has been hard as they both were with us for so long. We do have our third Golden Foxy and she is only 8, and in fine health. She to misses her pack members, but she is important to us to get though all of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm so very sorry for your loss, if you would like me to add Cody to The Rainbow Bridge List, please let me know the date of his passing and I will add him. Once again so very sorry for your loss.
Yes, I would like to have him added. He died on November 5. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
16,911 Posts
Yes, I would like to have him added. He died on November 5. Thank you.
I have added your sweet Cody to The Rainbow Bridge List x

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of handsome Cody. He was a very handsome boy. Hoping your good memories and pictures will see you through this difficult time. Hold on tight to your new boy..he will help you through this too..and he will need you help too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts