Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
old but new
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....so my youngest 2 sons favorite thing to do with Cadence is play chase! Yep! They LOVE to get her to chase them, as they run all over the house or yard and she catches up to them and they scream and she barks and they laugh...and sooooo you get the idea! LOL I have told them not to do this....because I am afraid she will think she is the dominate one...but they have so much fun with her this way. Soooooo.... idk..what do you think? I just don't want Cadence to think she is thier pack leader!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Mine love the chase game. As long as SHE is chasing THEM, not the other way around, I see nothing wrong with it. Chasing a dog encourages them to run from you and is horrible for their recall training... so stay away from those kinds of games. Encouraging her to chase your kids (or you!) is a great way to practice recall as well... plus its fun! :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
It sounds fine to me as long as she's not getting over excited and out of control (like excessive nipping and tackling the boys and stuff). And I agree missmarstar, you don't want them chasing her because it will teach her to run away from you, which would suck off leash.

BTW, running away from your pup is a good way to get her to come to you if she ever gets loose.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Sounds fun to me! They are kids and she's a pup!

Maybe start to teach them how to train her, too. How to get her attention and teach her to sit and stay. They will all love the drill!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts