Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread :) Our girl was born October 19th. Don't know which one we will get yet but will pick her up on December 18th. We can't wait!!

Jules

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maggie will be 9 weeks on Friday. Learned today that walks are not really a thing right now. All she wants to do is lay down and eat the dirt and rocks :) She plays for a while and then puts herself to bed. So cute!

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maggie had her first vet visit today. She was a hit! She is 6.4 lbs and 9 weeks old today. She is on ProPlan Sport All Life Stages 30/20. I am currently feeding her 3 times a day, a little less than 1/2 cup each time. Does this sound about right? I hear go by the bag but that says 1/2 to 1 cup a day. Seems low from what I have been reading?

Jules

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maggie is now 8.2 lbs at 10 weeks. Almost a 2 lb gain in 1 week! The vet said not to be concerned. We have evened out her feeding to about 1/3 cup, 3 times a day. She is such a joy and so smart. She is going to the door to be let out to potty. I am sure she has learned this from the older dogs. She is doing well on sit, down and turn around (circle). Her attention is really good as she is very food motivated. Our older dogs are getting better about being more tolerant of her. She is very mouthy :)
She has this hilarious behavior that when she hears the blow dryer, she comes running in for me to blow her with it while she tries to attack it :)

Jules

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Lola is adorable! She is only 2 days older than our Maggie. Is she your first golden? Maggie is our first. Today will be full bath day for her. She tolerates mini baths really well so hopefully this will be fun thing for her. Nails are also getting done as she has little razors!!

Jules

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maggie is 3 months old now and weighs 12.4 lbs. Funny how much variety in sizes and weights they can be at this age. Mom was the smaller side of standard so Maggie may be also. She is such a joy. So smart and such a great personality. Her favorite toy has turned out to be a plastic coat hanger! Will have to take it away when she gets a little bigger and can chew harder. Just love this little girl :)

Jules

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is Barkley! He was born on October 23. this photo This will be a fun thread to follow :)

ps: at his 12 week checkup, he weighed in at 25lbs! What a range of sizes of our furkids!

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hello Barkley! You are adorable :) Yes, there are 2 other golden's in Maggie's puppy class and they are much larger than her. The male is easily double her size.
Jules

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maggie is now 15 weeks and weighs about 16 lbs. She has grown so much. She is really long right now. She loves her puppy classes but would rather take the toys around and show all the other puppies than play with them. She must play enough at home with her brothers and the cat! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Stuart will be 17 weeks old this Monday. He weight in at 33 Pounds at week 16 at the Vet. Stuart now has all his shots and ready to start puppy training in two week.

We got his nails trim today as an introduction to the Groomer, and did lunch on a sidewalk café. Stuart did very good in his new environment listening to commands. He has really grown up, a totally different puppy from last week.

Really looking forward to this spring time when we start camping and canoeing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 132 Posts