Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Lucy is adorable!

That sounds like a lot of fun for your son. I wish we had something similar here(maybe we do!) (re:4H). Sounds like Penny is doing amazing.

Dory is still awesome. She can be such a doh doh and drives me nuts when she goes WEEKS without an accident and then squats. Sigh. I do not get it- all day long(no accidents) all night long(no accidents) and then she will have them while we're home!

She is such a smart and sweet girl. She is super stubborn and naughty. But, we think we'll keep her! ;)

·
Project Redhead
762 Posts
Got back from a nice Labor Day camping trip. Tried out some off leash camp dog. I'd say it was about a 50% success. Penny did great so long as she was engaged and doing something. Soon as she got bored though she was off. Not going far and not being to much of a pill, but not staying where she was supposed to. Work in progress right.
We'll be at the 6 month mark here on Thursday. I'll have to get some good height and weight stats.

·
Project Redhead
762 Posts
Little late and no new picture on my computer at the moment, but weighed and measured Penny for her 6 mo stats this weekend.
21.5" at the shoulder and a whopping 50 lbs!! I was kinda shocked at the weight and it's not 100% accurate, but my what a little chunk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there. Formerly Gleepers, Mom of Penny. I lost my login info so started fresh. Penny is now 9 1/2 months old and since I'm a glutton for punishment I added a less than a year old golden chihuahua mix to our family in Oct. it's been crazy but good around here

Attachments

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Happy birthday to those who already turned one! Dory is one year old on the 27th! Her little party is on Saturday! She was just spayed yesterday and is doing great! She's 65 pounds and 22.5" at the withers. She's such a good, compliant, laid back girl. We just love her!

Would love to hear some updates from her Born in March friends!

·
Project Redhead
762 Posts
Penny turned 1 one the 9th. She is doing great. She is still a kleptomaniac and an overly excited greater of all people but is coming along nicely. My 11 yo has been taking her to 4-H rally training and you can tell she is starting to get it. Better in fact than the older dogs in the group. It's been fun to watch her grow. Our little guy Teddy looks like he might be a March or April baby. (X-rays for HD showed his growth plates as around 11 mo earlier this moths) so I've got 2 nearly exactly the same age it seems. They are a lovely pair and so happy to have them.
Hard to believe that this time last year we were dogless and anxiously awaiting bringing home our Baby dog. Realized that we brought Penny home exactly a year to the day that we lost our Husky Jasmine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Today is Dory's birthday. So hard to believe we're here already! She's a great dog and has done amazingly well with training. We've been working with a behavioralist since she nipped my daughter going after bacon and she's been essential breaking some other hard to break habits(counter surfing, stealing food, etc!)

She's now waits on the threshold of our kitchen when we're eating and is just being a good girl!

She had a birthday party on Saturday where she got all kinds of new toys and goodies. I made an authentic Cuban dish and went to salt the beans and the whole container of salt dumped in! Tried every trick in the book & finally resorted to dumping the liquid and mixing the beans with the yellow rice to make them edible! Poor pup didn't even get a taste.

Anyway, she's doing fantastic and she's a blessing to our fast paced household!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Foster, born March 10, 2016. Now weighs 71 pounds (vet says he needs to lose 10 pounds). He isn't very interested in playing with other dogs but he LOVES people and tennis balls. Very affectionate, never barks or whines. Loves car rides and baths. We are lucky to have such a great boy.

ETA: that is spit on his lips. hehe

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Born March 26, 2016

Phoenix, AZ: Our girl, Piper, was born March 26, 2016. She now weighs 68 Lbs.
She LOVES to go swimming and taking hikes. I’ve also taken her flying in my “Piper” Cherokee. Yes, that’s how she got her name.

Attachments

141 - 158 of 158 Posts