Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Mommy to Hudson :)
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just thought I would start this thread up again. It's been a long, hot, and busy summer but we enjoyed every minute of it with Hudson. He's getting so big, but still has those cute puppy features. We're starting a training class with him the end of this month, and I'm really looking forward to polishing some of the training we have done with him ourselves.
His newest thing is jumping on our couch (even though he's not allowed) and giving us "the look" like he's suppose to be there. But, we're being consistent.
Hopefully everyone had lots of fun with their puppies the last few months, I would love to see some pics. Here's a few with Hudson. (Not sure why my pics are small...is there a setting on here that makes them that way??...lol)

Attachments

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
Hudson is getting so big! It looks like he's just about the same size as Chester. And what a lucky dog for going to the beach. Chester still hasn't been to the beach, but I'm really hoping to possibly take him this weekend.

As for pictures, I don't have any on this computer. But I have a pretty recent one in my siggy.

I can't believe he's already almost 6 months old!

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I know eh!!! Time absolutely flies when there this young. Chester is ADORABLE!! What a face he has!! Have you taken him for any training classes yet? We are starting the end of this month, and really looking forward to it. He's a good boy, but needs to learn to come when I call him...I'm sure that is an on-going lesson though.

Hopefully you can get Chester out to some water to swim...they LUV it!!

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
I'm definitely hoping to this weekend, especially since the pool is finally closed so he has nowhere to swim!

Chester graduated from puppy kindergarten a couple weeks ago. He had so much fun at his class since he got to play with a bunch of other puppies. We definitely worked on a lot of skills and it's amazing how much better he is at certain things after everything we worked on. He is probably one of the most food motivated dogs you will ever meet and will eat absolutely anything. But he has become so good at stay. I'll tell him to sit and stay and put his food bowl down. And he will stay until I tell him he can go have his food - it's great! He still has a lot of work to do, but the class has definitely improved him. I hope Hudson does well in his class and meets a bunch of friends. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first post

Hello fellow-blessed Golden lovers! This is my first post and I was so excited to find this forum. We live in Phoenix AZ and are the proud parents of two rescue Labrador Retrievers ages 12 and 3, one non-rescue Lab age 7, and now a six month old Golden! Our first Golden, Angus, was born 3/6/10 and currently weighs 50 lbs - he is a BIG boy. I took these photos with my camera phone this morning soon after he ate breakfast, so he was ready to snooze. I'm looking forward to learning a lot on this forum and enjoying all the beautiful photos. :wavey:

Attachments

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
Hello fellow-blessed Golden lovers! This is my first post and I was so excited to find this forum. We live in Phoenix AZ and are the proud parents of two rescue Labrador Retrievers ages 12 and 3, one non-rescue Lab age 7, and now a six month old Golden! Our first Golden, Angus, was born 3/6/10 and currently weighs 50 lbs - he is a BIG boy. I took these photos with my camera phone this morning soon after he ate breakfast, so he was ready to snooze.
That is a gorgeous boy you have. :) Thanks for sharing the pictures. It sounds like he's just around the same size as Chester. We're also expecting him to be a big boy when he's done growing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love all the pictures of Dakota's fellow March babies. Dakota turned 6 months yesterday, and today she is at the vet's for her spay appointment. (Anxious mom here) She weighed in at 44.8 lb, and I would love to know how much other Goldens her age weigh. It's hard to tell how large she's going to be - I've broken my life long rule of "no dogs on furniture," as she is such a wonderful cuddler and doesn't take advantage.

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
Love all the pictures of Dakota's fellow March babies. Dakota turned 6 months yesterday, and today she is at the vet's for her spay appointment. (Anxious mom here) She weighed in at 44.8 lb, and I would love to know how much other Goldens her age weigh. It's hard to tell how large she's going to be - I've broken my life long rule of "no dogs on furniture," as she is such a wonderful cuddler and doesn't take advantage.
Chester hasn't been weighed since his last vet appointment. But I would guess he's probably around 50 pounds. He was 41 pounds 4 weeks ago.

And he's also allowed on the couch for the same reason. He just loves to cuddle and he's so well behaved when he's chilling on the couch.

·
Kodi's Dallas Mom
12 Posts
Another March Golden

My Golden, Kodi was born March 7 and weighs 62 lbs. He walks 3 to 4 miles a day, swims twice a week, very few treats and is on Innova LBP. Would like to see what the other Goldens out there weigh. I am getting worried that I may need to switch foods.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our Angus was born one day before your boy. He weighs 58lbs. He's the biggest puppy we've ever had and I sometimes worry about his weight but his vet has no concerns so as long as he's active and building muscle, we're good with it. Here's a couple of pics taken this weekend. Notice his manners are still a work in progress! :--crazy_love:

Attachments

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hello fellow-blessed Golden lovers! This is my first post and I was so excited to find this forum. We live in Phoenix AZ and are the proud parents of two rescue Labrador Retrievers ages 12 and 3, one non-rescue Lab age 7, and now a six month old Golden! Our first Golden, Angus, was born 3/6/10 and currently weighs 50 lbs - he is a BIG boy. I took these photos with my camera phone this morning soon after he ate breakfast, so he was ready to snooze. I'm looking forward to learning a lot on this forum and enjoying all the beautiful photos. :wavey:
Awww... Angus is adorable :) I have another big boy too!! Hudson will be 7 months next week and is approximately 60 lbs!! Can't wait to see more pictures of Angus and your labs. You must have such an exciting household with all those doggies :)

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here are some of Cassie camping this summer. She was 5 months in these. She loves camping and the water. I think she gets depressed when we go home, she loves it so much. :) My daughter likes the close up pictures.

So happy to see Cassie on here :) Luv her pics, she's definitely bigger than the last time we met. I wanted to tell you that I've been in contact with another one of their siblings "Torrey". They are from Barrie, and we are going to try and meet early next year, as they are in Florida for the next couple of months. I will let you know :)

·
Brady's Mama
47 Posts
hows everyone doing?

I can't believe my Brady is almost to old to be a part of the puppy forum anymore!! One year is so rapidly approaching and he has grown so much! Here's a recent photo.

Edit: oh no the picture is sideways! Oh well. You get the idea. Haha. :)

Attachments

·
Mom to Molly, 1 year
85 Posts
I need to get a good picture - but I wanted to introduce myself...

Molly was born March 23, 2010.
We brought her home on February 28, 2011.
She is sort of a rescue. Found through our volunteer person at Homeward Bound Golden Retriever Rescue. We had been on the waiting list for a Golden Rescue, and the volunteer who approved us saw a poster in a pet shop asking for a new home for Molly. The prior owner is fighting cancer and was not healthy enough to handle Molly.

We have had her 11 days now and are trying to figure out a bunch of things. I haven't had a dog since I was a girl, and same with DH so this is all new to us.

I posted a bunch of questions in the rescue forum but I am sure I will have more too.

·
Kodi's Dallas Mom
12 Posts
Kodi is a year old

Well - what a year it has been. A lot of new adventures for our Golden - who we got in Maine but now is a "Texan". AND...I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel - he is turning into a wonderful little boy.

Would love to see pictures of March one year olds!!
Yeah - there is snow in Texas!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I wish I saw this before! Tucker is a march baby too! He was born March 8 2010! Here some info :)
1. 3/8/2010
2.Tucker is a boy
3. Last weigh in at 18 months was 58lbs (is this small/large compared to your 18 month weigh in?)
4. We live in NW Arkansas
5. Post a recent picture..

Here is a recent picture of our boy! After a bath, you can tell by his facial expressions how happy he was....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dakota Update

Dakota will be 19 months old this week, and now tips the scales at 62 lb. She has brought so much joy into our home, and everyone who meets her falls in love with her. She loves to hold "paws" with me, even enjoying when I clip her nails - However, her bath is not her favorite thing. Her favorite trick is spinning for treats (We call her Circus Dog.).:)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dakota will be 19 months old this week, and now tips the scales at 62 lb. She has brought so much joy into our home, and everyone who meets her falls in love with her. She loves to hold "paws" with me, even enjoying when I clip her nails - However, her bath is not her favorite thing. Her favorite trick is spinning for treats (We call her Circus Dog.).:)
Lets see a picture of your big baby girl!

41 - 60 of 64 Posts