Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Mommy to Hudson :)
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start a thread for all our new puppies that we brought home this month. We can use this thread to compare pictures, weights, training, new experiences, advice and all sorts of things with our new pups. Hmm.. lets start off with the following:
1. Birthday?
2. Name and Sex?
3. Last weigh in/age at the vets?
4. Where we live?
5. Post a recent picture..

Here's my info:
1. March 11th
2. Hudson, Boy
3. 15.2 lbs, 9 weeks old
4. Ontario, Canada
5. Picture of Hudson visiting family this past Sunday (9 weeks, 3 Days)

Attachments

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
Well I know there's a ton of us here!

1. Birthday? St. Patrick's Day! March 17, 2010
2. Name and Sex? Chester - boy
3. Last weigh in/age at the vets? 8.5 weeks - 12.5 pounds
4. Where we live? Northern New Jersey
5. Post a recent picture.. My favorite of him so far is the one in my siggy :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
1. Birthday? March 26th, 2010
2. Name and Sex? Cosby, boy :)
3. Last weigh in/age at the vets? 12lbs 2 oz, yesterday, so 7 weeks, and 2 days!
4. Where we live? Western WA

·
Registered
93 Posts
O.k., guess it's my turn.

1. Birthday? 3-20-10
2. Name and Sex? Colby, male
3. Last weigh in/age at the vets? 13 lbs, 8wks 2 days
4. Where we live? Central Florida

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is Maizie, born on March 9, 2010, so today is her 10 week birthday. The pic was taken the day after we brought her home almost 4 weeks ago. She was 6 weeks and three days old then, though I mistakenly thought she was almost 8 weeks old at the time. She weighed in at 10.8 lbs on Saturday, May 9th, so I imagine she's at least a couple pounds heavier now. We live south of Boston.

This is a more recent pic, taken two weeks ago. First trip to the beach....

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Awww. They are all so cute. Great post.

·
Mommy of Luna
22 Posts
1. Birthday? March 19th, 2010 (Same as mine, but with a 17 age year difference :))
2. Name and Sex? Luna, Female
3. Last weigh in/age at the vets? She hasn't been to the vet yet. She goes this Friday, so unknown about her weight. Age: 8 weeks on the nose
4. Where we live? We currently live in Dayton, Ohio, but are in the process of moving to Beaufort, South Carolina.
5. This is Luna at 6 weeks with me. Hoping to get a couple good 8 week shots of her now that it's not raining.

·
Registered
731 Posts
1. Birthday? March 19th, 2010 (Same as mine, but with a 17 age year difference :))
2. Name and Sex? Luna, Female
3. Last weigh in/age at the vets? She hasn't been to the vet yet. She goes this Friday, so unknown about her weight. Age: 8 weeks on the nose
4. Where we live? We currently live in Dayton, Ohio, but are in the process of moving to Beaufort, South Carolina.
5. This is Luna at 6 weeks with me. Hoping to get a couple good 8 week shots of her now that it's not raining.
She's really red!! So cute! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
83 Posts
1. Birthday? March 22nd, 2010
2. Name and Sex? Sadie, Female
3. Last weigh in/age at the vets? 13 lbs., 8 weeks, 1 day
4. Where we live? Madison, WI (area)
5. Friends tell me, when they saw Sadie sitting this way, that all the golden retrievers they've seen seem to like bending one paw or the other, or both, underneath... Our first golden, Lexi, did it... and it seems Sadie does too!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Love all these puppies! :-D, How is everyone doing through the night? And with house training? Or any other problem or joys! :-D

Cosby is doing okay at night, wakes us up a few times to go out, usually one of the times he does NOT want to calm down and go back to bed, so we get some crying for a bit.

House training is going awesome! Still no accidents, but only because of the close eye I keep on him, he's a pain in the yard wanting to chew up the yard *ugh*, and he had no problem with the leash at first, but now he's decided he hates it. So we're going to work on that.

And he's very mouthy. Demands attention, if he wants attention and I'm doing something else for a second ( like doing the unthinkable and petting my other dogs on the couch) he starts jumping on the couch to get to me and starts barking, not sure how to correct this behavior?

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
We're just the opposite as you LOL. We're doing awesome through the night and potty training is just OK.

We're putting him to sleep at around 10 or 11pm and he sleeps through the whole night until about 6am. I guess we've been pretty lucky that we haven't had to get up to let him out at night.

As far as potty training goes, he's good for the most part. We pretty much try to take him out after every activity - sleeping, playing, napping, etc. This is usually about every hour or so. Every poop has been outside. He pees outside for the most part, but every once in awhile we'll be a little too late and he'll start peeing on the floor. We've always caught him mid pee and will rush him outside so he can finish out there.

Of course once he's done, he just wants to chew up the yard! At first his main thing was sticks and leaves. But then he started finding rocks so we really have to be on top of him everytime he's outside.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gosh, sounds like we're all going through the same thing.

Colby does excellent at night. We put him in his crate anywhere from 10-11 and he sleeps until 7-7:30. So we're pretty happy about this.

Potty training is going well. No poops in the house, only 1 accident per day that we catch, rush him outside, and he finishes.

The main problem I'm having is the same one it seems you all are having. He wants to chew everything in the yard. And when he gets something, it's like he's so proud he wants to strut his stuff and run off with it. I really have to watch him because I'm scared he'll eat something he shouldn't. He's like a wild man outside.

·
Mommy of Luna
22 Posts
So far everything has been pretty good with Luna.

I normally put her to bed in her crate around 10 - 10:30ish and I'm up every two to three hours taking her out. Then she's up for the day around 6.

Potty training is still a work in progress. Small handful of accidents in the house, but most have been poop related. I've been trying to take her out around every two hours, but sometimes that's hard when you get distracted by end of the year school work.

The big thing Luna wants to chew on in the yard is sticks and the few weeds that we've got in the yard. But I think that most of it is because she's constantly distracted and trying to follow her new big brother around.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts