Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
She is gorgeous! All of the pups were. So glad you got a Fare pup. We are so, so happy with our Jack. I was there every week from week 2, and they were all wonderful. She is a darling :love:

Here's her brother, tuckered out after a long day of playing!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Elway is ten weeks old now and a total spitfire. He's already lifting his leg when he relieves himself but he's also very relaxed around other dogs, even when they bark at him. He doesn't make a peep and mostly keeps his wits about him :)

He had his first trip to Lowe's yesterday and I'd call it a success. The greeter loved him and got down on the floor to pet him and welcome him in, and Elway met a family with three little boys. He was very well-behaved while they petted him. I guess he was saving all that awful sharp-toothed nipping for me :doh: Although the nipping is getting better and he's got "sit" down pat. "Down" needs significant work, but all in good time.

I'm glad to hear everyone else's pups are doing so well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bodie, our new guy.

This is our second day our new puppy, Bodie. He's 9 weeks old. We have a 12 year old Golden that is trying his best to put up with the new kid. Loads of fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
San Diego, CA Litter Born June 23, 2015

This little guy is coming home with us on Saturday 8/22/15. They just turned 8 weeks yesterday (8/18/15).

Breeder is Barbara Pettijohn with Heart of Autumn Goldens in El Cajon, CA.

His name is "Sonny." I had a GR growing up, but this will the first dog of my own. My husband and I are so excited for him to join our family!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update on our Sonny boy...

First 3 days have gone pretty smoothly considering he's only 9 weeks old tomorrow (8/25/15).

He has done very well with potty breaks outside, and fortunately I work from home so I'm able to take him out several times a day to prevent mistakes.

We have a playpen set up in our main living area and a crate in our bedroom. He spends most of his time during the day in the playpen but I take him out for about 15-20 minutes after potty breaks to play fetch or do some clicker/treat training. He's done very well in the crate at night and only needs to go out once in the middle of the night. I haven't been able to put puppy pads down anywhere without him trying to shred them up, so we don't really use them.

He has plenty of chew toys that he likes, but is easily distracted and turns to my feet/toes, the carpet, furniture, curtains, and wooden handles on the fireplace screening. I always redirect him, but sometimes he refuses to take the appropriate chew toy, so I put him in his playpen for a timeout and he doesn't fuss about it much. I think he actually likes it in there and is slightly overwhelmed when there are too many options. He has already started to hump one of his toys - a stuffed duck about the size of him, but I have not attempted to correct or prevent this behavior yet.

Overall it's been fun watching him explore and learn!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love this thread!

How is everyone doing? How are all the pet-parents doing? :p:

We are getting there with the mouthing, although I still have a couple of pin-cushion scars! Jack is sleeping through the night 11pm - 6am (yay!)

He knows "sit" and "stay" and sometimes "down". He likes the cats (far more than they like him). He loves being outside and loves his kid-siblings.

How is everyone else doing?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like everyone is doing well. Maxwell too is doing great, he was 12 weeks on Wednesday & weighed 19.4 pounds. House training has went much smoother than I anticipated & it has been a few weeks since he had an accident. We go to bed by 10 & he sleeps until between 4-6 am, depending on what time my husband gets up for work, goes out to potty & back to bed until I am ready to get up. He loves to play with the kids but every evening about the same time when he is getting tired he gets nippy. He has learned sit, down & we are working on stay, that is taking much more practice than the other 2 commands.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Roomba

Hi everyone,

Roomba was born on June 4th. We picked her up a couple of weeks ago b/c I was traveling. Totally in love with her. She's 3 months and has the sweetest personality. Loves to give kisses, nap on the floor, play with her tennis ball go for walks. She gets really excited when she sees other dogs and sits patiently until they get closer and I saw it's okay to get up and say "hi". Oh, and as expected, she LOVES the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone's puppy is :) Also I am interested to hear what your pups weigh as of now. I believe Hank (born 6/17) is around 42ish pounds.

21 - 40 of 580 Posts