Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Herschel

I'm actually Modulo, just created a new account as I didn't receive the email with my password in it. I'll probably be posting in this username from now.

Herschel is doing very well in training considering that he has entered the teenage phase (a few accidents, not wanting to listen to commands, refusing to heel, hyperactive behaviour). We've been having more training sessions but for shorter periods of time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love all the photos and updates. All the pups are beautiful and healthy. It's so great!

Oakley is in the teenage phase. Mostly with recall. He still stays right around me but hesitates and debates about commands. His favorite thing to do is somehow find and steal socks. He's tall enough for the hampers so if he sees a sock he takes it. It drives me crazy but he could be worse so I will take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
~*Kristina*~
319 Posts
Hey, everyone! Bailey is doing well (born 1/15/16) except issues recovering from her spaying this past week. There are other threads about that...

I love seeing the pups grow! Her entire litter is represented on a private Facebook Group so we get to see her littermates and how they are as well!

·
Mochi's mommy
303 Posts
Hey, everyone! Bailey is doing well (born 1/15/16) except issues recovering from her spaying this past week. There are other threads about that...

I love seeing the pups grow! Her entire litter is represented on a private Facebook Group so we get to see her littermates and how they are as well!

awwww I wish my breeder did that!!

We have no idea who Mochi's littermates are... I keep checking k9data and ofa to see if any of his siblings have been registered LOLOL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Herschel weighs a little less at 37 lbs. Here's two pics from last week:

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I caught a pic of this funny face Herschel was making a few days ago.

Attachments

·
~*Kristina*~
319 Posts
awwww I wish my breeder did that!!

We have no idea who Mochi's littermates are... I keep checking k9data and ofa to see if any of his siblings have been registered LOLOL
The breeder didn't do it. She has a really popular Facebook page and one of the ladies who bought Bailey's brother friended me and after we chatted about it she started the group. It took a few weeks to round up everyone and the breeder did help with names on the last two pups, they were eventually found on FB. It's so cool to see them grow. One of Bailey's sisters could be a twin!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Here's Parker! He's such a good pup and we love him to bits. He knows all the basic commands like sit, stay, down and off. Leave it and drop it...hmmmm...work in progress! Loves to be cuddled, neck rubs and playing with my son!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Diesel was born January 2nd and is currently 46lbs! He's so leggy - he hasn't really filled out yet (and he's getting over being ill the last few days, so that doesn't help)! Not sure why he looks so light in the one picture, the one with him under the chair is a pretty accurate representation.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just curious, how much are you feeding your pups now? Mine gets 1.5 cups twice daily for a total of 3 cups/day. Are you still using puppy food? Any thoughts on when to switch to adult food?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just curious, how much are you feeding your pups now? Mine gets 1.5 cups twice daily for a total of 3 cups/day. Are you still using puppy food? Any thoughts on when to switch to adult food?

Oakley gets 3.5 cups per day of purina pro plan focus large breed puppy food. He is lean and healthy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So my Oakley likes to do the "puppy sprint" like crazy no matter how much exercise he gets. He runs so fast that he takes his front legs out. Well he has had a limp on and off for a couple days so I brought him to the vets today. He is on an anti inflammatory and needs complete rest for a week. Yikes, it's been a tough evening trying to keep a 6 month old resting.
Does anyone have any tips for me? I have him on a leash constantly but that doesn't stop his want to romp around.

·
Mochi's mommy
303 Posts
So my Oakley likes to do the "puppy sprint" like crazy no matter how much exercise he gets. He runs so fast that he takes his front legs out. Well he has had a limp on and off for a couple days so I brought him to the vets today. He is on an anti inflammatory and needs complete rest for a week. Yikes, it's been a tough evening trying to keep a 6 month old resting.
Does anyone have any tips for me? I have him on a leash constantly but that doesn't stop his want to romp around.

Maybe keep him in his crate as much as possible? you could move your workstation very close to his crate so he doesn't feel left out? Hope he recovers quickly!

·
Mochi's mommy
303 Posts
Mine is getting Fromm Large Breed Puppy.... and is getting a little bit less than 3 cups a day + training kibble/veggies

Fromm as well as our vet don't recommend adult food until 1 year old... so I guess we'll roughly follow that timeline depending on when he'll be done with his bag of food around that time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is getting 2 cups/day of Acana Heritage which is an all stages food. He's going into a growth spurt so I might give him 2.5 cups/day. He was born 1/17/16 and weighed 55# at his vet appt last week

61 - 80 of 96 Posts