Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jupiter's mom
316 Posts
This forum is so slow this time!

In 2016 with my first Golden there were lots of us waiting. Am I the only one waiting for a February puppy or are you all just super busy? :)

Well, here's a couple of pictures of the litter - we saw them yesterday and they are all perfect. Looking forward to "Great" Friday when he's ready to go!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello,

Just found my way to this thread after being envious of the January 2018 thread! We missed it by a few days, as Zoey was born on February 3.

Zoey is frisky, feisty, and fun. Occasionally she is snuggly ... for a moment.

She is making great progress with housebreaking, though my open floor plan house is a maze of baby gates and baby gate boxes. We’ve been bell training her, and it’s working out pretty well. She’ll ring the bell like crazy when she needs to go out for poo, less so to go pee.

We’ve been lucky with her sleeping through the night. She’s only woken us up twice (knocking on wood). We are normally early risers, so a 6:00 or 7:00 wake up is no big deal.

The most horrifying moment came yesterday when, as I was walking her on the leash to bring in the trash can, I looked down to see a little mouse tail and tiny mouse feet hanging out of her mouth. (This beat the cigar stub moment by a mile!) You would think after a lifetime of kids and pets, scooping a mouse out of her mouth would have been no big deal, but, alas, my lizard brain caused me to hesitate just long enough for her to swallow it whole. (Ack!) (Shiver) We’ve been keeping an eye on her, and she seems to be fine, though the wreckage of Feivel has yet to show up in her poo.

Started puppy kindergarten last night, humans only first class. Have lots of new things to work on with her. Haha - not quite digging “give it” as the approach to collecting dead mouse next time. Wish there was a command that said, “Take that awful thing and put it in the trash can NOW!” Oh well, will practice overcoming revulsion for next time, I suppose!

She is a day shy of 12 weeks and 17 lbs. 2 oz. Zoey came home at 8 weeks and 10 lbs. - I’m astounded by how quickly her looks are changing.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our precious boy was also born February 23rd and came home on April 29th!! Eagle- named after the golf term, but a plus that the football team won this year!! He is sweet, playful and smart! Already learning "sit" and "paw". We are hoping he learns his name soon! Doing pretty well with potty training thus far and wakes only once to pee in the night! He is already 20 pounds at 9.5 weeks, the size of his paws is incredible- he is going to be HUGE and I cannot wait :)

Attachments

·
Jupiter's mom
316 Posts
Wow! It's great to have company - all your babies are super cute!!!

Here's my little monster, Neptune - nearly 14 weeks old. He's pretty much housebroken (fingers-crossed no accidents for a week) and knows some basic commands.

He plays WAY too rough with his brother, Jupiter though. Jupiter is too patient by far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Griffin Born 2/22/18

I just wanted to say "Hi" and introduce myself (Kelly) and my sweet boy, Griffin, born 2/22/18. We chose him from a breeder in Washington state due to the parents' extensive health clearances. We live in Orlando and are UCF alumni. Our puppy flew to us from Seattle on the same day that Shaquem Griffin (UCF's inspirational one handed line backer) was drafted to Seattle from UCF in Orlando, FL. We decided that we would trade Seattle one Griffin for another.

I'm excited to have found this page and hope to go through puppyhood with all of you. Our vet suggested neutering Griffin at 6 months, but I have done my research (UC Davis study) and am thinking I won't neuter, if ever until at least 24 months. It will be hard to go against our vet's advice, so I am planning on bringing a copy of the study to the next appointment to discuss it further. What are you all planning as far as spay/neutering?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts