Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else out there bringing home a GR puppy in February? We'll be bringing home a female and our puppy is now 12 days old. :)

We've got many weeks to wait before she comes home with us, but just watching the litter develop in pictures over the weeks is great fun. My family is very excited and we need this time to stock up on puppy supplies.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I love seeing pictures of your pup grow! It is so hard waiting, isn't it?

Reactions: goldprof

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for posting!! I didn't realize anyone had updated this thread because it was barren for so long.

We're bringing our female puppy home Feb. 4th and are very excited. We'll have to swap lots of stories and tips. :)

We'll be visiting the litter for the first time this weekend!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love seeing pictures of your pup grow! It is so hard waiting, isn't it?
Yes! But the wait is giving us lots of time to prepare and that's good. Plus, I think the best things in life require some waiting first. It builds up the excitement!

And it gives me several more weeks to make sure we're happy with the names we've picked out. We all keep changing our minds and going in circles. :bowl:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes! But the wait is giving us lots of time to prepare and that's good. Plus, I think the best things in life require some waiting first. It builds up the excitement!

And it gives me several more weeks to make sure we're happy with the names we've picked out. We all keep changing our minds and going in circles. :bowl:

I know how that goes! We finally have it narrowed down to 4 names and my husband still keeps trying to add more. I told him no more!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know how that goes! We finally have it narrowed down to 4 names and my husband still keeps trying to add more. I told him no more!!
What are your top 4?

Right now we have quite a few on our list (mostly b/c I keep adding one here or there):

Tink
Pixie
Echo
Winter
Gypsy

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like all four of those names. It's a tough call! Maybe pick a top 2 and then wait until you bring her home?

At this point, I think we're going to go with either Gypsy or Tink. We all like Tink but also think Gypsy would be perfect--since we travel a LOT and have lived all over the world. A gypsy dog for a vagabond family!!

·
old but new
711 Posts
I have 7 days to go, until Brody comes home...and I am getting very antsy! LOL ;) I can't wait to see pic's of everyone's Dec. babies! ;)

·
Claire
641 Posts
My puppy was born in october but we have a girl, her name is Phoebe but some names we were considering..
Aspen
Summer
Millie
Rory
Rogue
Brandy
Hope some of these names help!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 7 days to go, until Brody comes home...and I am getting very antsy! LOL ;) I can't wait to see pic's of everyone's Dec. babies! ;)
Yes, I'm excited too, about bringing home a new puppy and seeing everyone's puppy pictures. :)

We still have a couple of weeks left to go, so if you get a chance, you'll have to post pictures next weekend so we can get our puppy fix!!

·
old but new
711 Posts
I will definitely post's pics! It will probably be a pic overload! lol ;) I hope the next couple weeks go by quickly for you, I know it's hard to wait. ;)

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Sounds like fun. I am waiting for my puppy to be born. She is due to be born on February 5th. It is a long wait I know. I have been on several shopping sprees already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations!
Thank you so much. We are all so excited but I'm over the top excited. I lost my sweet Abby in November and we were just heartbroken. This new one could never take Abby's place but there is so much room in our hearts to love another Golden.:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me...I'm bringing mine home Feb. 4th and can't wait.
Me too!! The 4th is the day! Only one week to go. I think we have everything we'll need-

2 crates and bedding
bowls
food
chew toys and cuddly fun toys
treats-3 types!
collar and leash
bitter apple spray
dog enzymes and ear cleaner
nature's miracle cleaning solution
brush
Lots of love and patience ;)

Hope I'm not missing something . . .

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
1 week to go? Wow!! Can't wait to see this little one!

Be sure to get a tooth brush and toothpaste to practice with that. Some kongs, too, if you don't have them!

Reactions: goldprof
1 - 20 of 83 Posts