Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Curator of the Coy Zoo
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorite Christmas presents ever! Casey was born early Christmas Eve. I’ll admit I’d forgotten this puppy stage - but wouldn’t want to miss a moment. Luckily, my husband is retired so we don’t have some of the challenges of trying to work, have kids and raise a puppy. We can focus on the puppy and boy, have we. :grin2: doesn’t mean there aren’t challenges. Definitely are!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Casey is totally adorable. Enjoy that fuzzy puppy stage; it flies by.

·
Curator of the Coy Zoo
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
15 amazing weeks

Potty training progressing: only one human responsible accident inside in weeks. Leash work and obedience coming along. Still have the land shark thing going on, but less often. He did lose a few of his incisors already & grabbing shoes, socks, pants legs, etc decreasing. The guys spend the week working on socializing and have been to a skeet range when they were firing, a farm and stable to see the really, really big and not so scary any more horses, any store that will let them in, my PT’s office who want him to come every week, eating places with outside sitting, the parks, a special wheelchair and assisted living event at the Armory and my Laboratory. They tried to go the the airfield where the helicopters take off, but they haven’t been flying very much lately. And he visited the scene of a car accident when a drunk driver ended up in our yard one night. We brought him out to experience the lights, sirens, sounds and confusion but from a safe area. He even got to visit the fire truck and the firemen in turnout gear before they left. I think all law enforcement officers and first responders at the scene made a point to come and visit Casey. He loved it all. He’s learning to settle in his crate, though it’s not his favorite place. Loves the sonic care tooth brush for his teeth and isn’t a fan of toenail trims although he’s learning to accept the dremel. I sneak the odd nail clip when he’s asleep too.

He has taken over our lives and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
:D :D "the land shark thing" It's been so long since we've had a pup that I'd forgotten about those teeth and the household targets thereof. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts