Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1st time Golden Retriever
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honestly, how good are these dogs!

She fits in so well with my 6 and 3 year olds, its like she was born to play with the kids and fit in with their moods and games. She never plays rough and loves loves loves running around the back yard when my kids are out there on the swings etc. She seems to know what they are feeling and plays accordingly to that.

She sits along side my 3 year old when hes playing with his toys and she goes and gets her toys and sits with him and plays too. My daughter never has liked dogs and has always been scared of them but Ivy has calmed her and she said the other day "Why doesn't Ivy bite me, she just licks!"

The kids were in the inflatable pool this morning and the next thing I saw was a golden sitting in there with them, the kids thought it was the best thing.

And of course she is very good for me as I am quite a stressed out person at times and she just comes up and looks at me with those eyes, shes our family now, we love her:--heart:

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Sounds like you lucked out. My Brady was a little land shark when he was a puppy.

·
Casey and Samson's Mom
221 Posts
Lucky family and lucky puppy! It sounds like you all got a wonderful match. congratulations. :)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ivy sounds very lucky, and you do too.

One note of warning...it's easy to get very complacent when you have such a sweet dog. I've heard people refer to Goldens as a "child proof" dog but there is no such thing...Goldens have teeth, so always supervise your kids around the puppy. Goldens rarely are mean--and it doesn't sound like your is--but if a child sticks something sharp into a dog or makes it feels threatened, it will defend itself. Sadly, it's often the dog that loses out because it gets dumped.

I don't mean to put a heavy trip on you, I'm just REALLY big on reminding parents to protect children and dogs/puppies by always supervising.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts