Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe of all days it was today that I found this forum and quite honestly purely by accident. Please bare with me while I explain.
I purchased my first Golden Retriever in 1992, My Jazzy girl. born November 29. At that time my eldest daughter worked in a puppy store, It is best I leave it at that. While there she came to know and love a very ill male who became the 2nd Golden addition to our family. He was the most beautiful Golden I have ever seen, he was born March 3,1993 and was 4 months old at the time. He was Jasmine's Prince Alladin. After some very long nights, many vet visits and frightening moments Alley's health began to improve. Soon he was a healthy and happy puppy and best friend to Jazzy Girl. They were inseparable and a very comical team. They stole my heart and to top it off over a year later Jasmine was pregnant. In 1994, on August 9 - 10 Lady Jasmine and Prince Alladin gave birth to my first born (goldenly speaking) my Alladin's K.C. aka, K K, my Ben Casey as well as 6 brothers and one sister. It took much painstaking interviews and many tears in the process of deciding and making certain each pup went to just the right home. They did it to me again and on February 20, 1995 the second litter of pups were born one being my magnificent Summerset, aka summer bummer. She was joined by 6 sisters and 2 brothers. Again came the hours and tears, never got easier. Years passed and out of the blue Jasmine and Alladin once again on December 3,1998 managed to bring into this world Jasmines last litter. A Total of 11 puppies. Need I say my baby, my Sadie Girl joined my family. Sadie has not only been my savior, she is my side kick and never more than eye distance away from me. She and 7 brothers, (one of which is my grand dog) plus three sisters were born. That is how it all started and my undying love and respect for the breed began.
2002 came my first heartbreak. My Jasmine became ill and despite all efforts she left me on August 30. Six months later, February 17, 2003, to be exact, my Summerset went into massive seizure. She was rushed to emergency from there she was admitted to a special clinic and was diagnosed as having a brain tumor. Again my endless care and love couldn't save her. I despise the month of August, once again on August 16, 2003 she went to sleep. Life is cruel as not more than two days later my Alladin began to have seizures. I kept my boy going until August 27, 2004, the day he left. I would love to say it stopped there it didn't. My big boy, my KC who was born in August developed cancer and he left me just two weeks ago on April 11, 2005. There aren't enough tissues in this world to keep my eyes dry.
Today Sadie and I were wondering around the yard and I couldn't bring my self to picking up all the toys left behind. That is why finding this forum was the best thing that could have happened and finding it has allowed me to write and release a great deal of pain. I hope you all don't mind, I hate sad stories. I am pushing for a happy ending here. After much research and searching It looks promising that a new little boy, same line as my Alladin, will soon belong to us and Sadie will once again have a playmate. Keep your fingers crossed for me. When I am up to it I plan on posting many photos in memory of my guys.
I thank you for reading my Golden Angels Story.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi and WELCOME, wer'e happy you found us. Sometimes accidents are more than accidents in life - especially the happy ones!!!

Thank you for sharing your amazing and sad story. I believe with all my heart that the joy Goldens bring into our lives will overcome your household again - keeping my fingers crossed... :).

Vierka

·
Registered
14 Posts
Goldenlvr, my goodness what you have gone through. You must be so strong. I am so very sorry about your wonderful Goldens. They can tear out your heart can't they? You came to the right place. Wonderful people here.

Give Sadie kiss and a hug for me. She probably feels some sadness also. Very lonely when you are used to so many.

Take Care and Welcome
Carol

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for sharing your stories. That is the problem with our Golden buddies, or any furry friend. They don't live long enough. I've had many pets die on me, but Clancy, my 3 year old Golden, is by far the one I have become the most attached to. He and I are best buds and we do everything together. Even my wife gets jelous. The day that he leaves me will NOT be a good day. So I take every opportunity to spend time with him and spoil him now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hello and Welcome to a great site.We also have felt the pain of losing fur babies.It is never easy to say goodbye and making that final decision is just about the hardest part of being a Golden parent.

We pray that there is a afterlife so that we can cross the Rainbow Bridge with our canine family to be with our human family.
We share in your grief and yet we look forward to tomorrow,where we will meet new Golden's.
B.T.W. Our first Golden came from the Huntington,L.I. pound back in the late '70's
Shane

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss but glad you've found this site. I'm sure it will be healing and helpful as you share the memories of your wonderful babies. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there Goldenlvr and welcome!!!!

I had tears well up in my eyes after reading your touching story. I know how much these golden fur babies of ours, take over our hearts and lives........and it must be so painful to lose them when they are ill.

Touch wood, I have not had this happen to me yet, but I know the day that Jessie and Shadow pass on, I will be a mess! They mean so much to me, and it's only on places like this forum, do you find others who know exactly how we feel about these golden angels we have!!!

Please give your Sadie a cuddle from me, and I hope that you soon have another Golden fuzz ball in your home!!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I am so sorry for your loses. I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose so many. (I am a glass half-full person) I would love to be on the rainbow bridge and see all those tails wagging!!!!!!!!!! When you meet them again, how they will cry and bark and jump. What joy. God Bless.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm so sorry for all the sadness you have had to gone through. I wish you all the best and good luck with your future and soon to come golden!

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Dear goldenlvr,
I am so happy that you found this forum! You know that whatever you feel, whatever you have to say, we are all sharing your sorrow! I will always have two goldens at a time... I cannot imagine not having a furry golden head to hug! My 12 1/2 year old girl crossed that #$%^$ rainbow bridge this past December with only a few hours warning...I don't know how I could have survived without my big ol' Bear (my 5 yr-old male golden) by my side! I am in the process of getting another golden, a male, this July. "An heir and a spare", I say!

Please feel our kind thoughts as we share and trying to diminish your sorrow! It is soooo difficult to lose a furry pal...but I cannot imagine life without taking that risk!

Sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts